“PI” is information that identifies an individual, which we collect when you use the Site such as, name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, fax number, email address, credit and debit card information.
If you provide PI of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share that information with us.
How Gore Uses PI
Gore uses PI primarily to do business with you. We may also use PI for the following purposes:
- fulfill your requests, such as to respond to a question regarding our products, to help you locate a store near you, fulfill your order, process your payment card, and/or to provide you with customer service.
- send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- inform you of products, programs, services, and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
- allow you to send email to others through our “send to a friend” type functionality. (By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.)
- register you for a seminar.
- allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your PI.
- customize content for you on our Site and provide you with customized offers.
- facilitate our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
How PI is Shared
We may share PI with third parties for the following purposes:
- to third-party service providers for web hosting, data analysis, IT services, e-mail delivery services, survey fulfillment, social media applications and postings, payment and credit card processing, order fulfillment, and other similar services.
- to third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services, information, and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you.
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Site.
- to third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, if you participate.
- by you, on services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs, community sites where you can “share your story” and review products, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services (for example, PI contained in the photos, stories, comments, and videos that you submit) will become public information and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
- in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use Other Information for any purpose or share it with third parties. In some instances we may combine Other Information with PI, such as combining your zip code with your name. If we do combine any Other Information with PI, the combined information will be treated by us as PI as long as it is combined. If local law requires us to treat any of the Other Information as PI, we will comply with those laws.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you visit our Site and other websites, based on information about your visit to this Site and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect PI under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Choices and Access
If you would like to opt out from receiving electronic communications from Gore and/or from Gore’s sharing of your PI with third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact us.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your PI that has been previously provided to us, you may please contact us.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, what you are opting out from, whether you would like to have your PI suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your PI. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that these individuals not provide PI through the Site.
Your PI may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities and operations, and by providing any PI to us, you consent to the transfer of such PI to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and the local Gore affiliate running the Site are the party responsible for the management of PI that is jointly used by Gore.
Please do not send us, or disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Site.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
555 Paper Mill Road
Newark, DE 19711, U.S.A.
Effective Date: 8/5/2009
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (referred to below as 'Gore') respects your privacy. The only personally identifiable information Gore collects about you is what you provide to Gore, for example by completing a Gore “contact us” form, participating in a Gore contest or by some other interactive channel.
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
Gore collects personally identifiable information, such as email address, name, mailing address, phone number and birthday, only if individual Web site visitors wish to give Gore this information. Gore uses personally identifiable information to improve its product offerings, analyze Web site usage, improve and customize its Web sites, and for general customer relationship and service purposes, such as responding to a question about a product.
As part of Gore’s normal business operations, Gore may share a user’s personally identifiable information with certain third-party service providers. For example, Gore discloses personally identifiable information to third parties when it is reasonably necessary in order to enable Gore to provide services that have been requested by users, to provide information that has been requested by users or to provide products that have been ordered by users. Additionally, some of Gore’s Web site operations, product fulfillment operations, marketing programs, data processing and data analysis may be managed and/or conducted by Gore’s affiliates and/or third-party service providers. Gore may provide access to your profile and personally identifiable information to such affiliates and/or third-party service providers for the purpose of providing services to you on behalf of Gore or to enable such affiliates and service providers to provide services to Gore.
Gore can (and you authorize Gore to) disclose any information about you as required by law, including voluntary disclosures to law enforcement agencies and government officials, as Gore, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate.
Gore may also disclose or use personally identifiable information to investigate and respond to any third party complaints or violations of Gore’s rights.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes or if you no longer desire to receive any of Gore’s services, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate your information by contacting Gore using our Contact Us form.
If you provide Gore with your email address or mailing address, Gore may send you newsletters, information on products, services and promotions or offer you the opportunity to participate in Gore marketing and promotions, such as surveys or contests. With respect to any such emails, within the emails Gore will provide you with the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personally identifiable information used for such purposes by the Gore division that sent the email.
Governing Law and Data Storage
Transfer of Information
In the event Gore or one of its divisions is ever sold to or acquired by another company, Gore reserves the right to transfer ownership of the customer information to the acquiring company.
Notification of Material Changes since the Effective Date
- August 5, 2009: Information Collection, Use and Disclosure - clarification of nature of personally identifiable information collected and shared and clarification of purpose for sharing such information.
- August 5, 2009: Access to Personally Identifiable Information and Choice/Opt-Out – explains how to contact Gore to correct, update, delete or deactivate a user’s personally identifiable information and how to opt-out from within unsolicited commercial email correspondence.
Comments or Questions
For More Information
Gore Information Center, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., 201 Airport Road, Elkton, MD 21921, USA. (Tel.: 888 / 914-4673).
Effective Date: 12/15/2004
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (referred to below as 'Gore') respects your privacy. The only information we collect about you is what you yourself tell us, for example by registering when placing an order, or by some other interactive channel.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive information from us, or if you would like your data to be deleted.
Visitors to Gore Web Sites
Comments or Questions
We always welcome any questions, concerns or comments which you may have in relation to our company, products, Web site or data protection policy. For general questions about our company and any comments on our Web site and/or our data protection policy, please contact the Gore Information Center at (888) 914 4673.
For More Information
- For North and South America: Gore Information Center, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., 201 Airport Road, Elkton, MD 21921, USA. (Tel.: 800 / 455-4184).
- For Europe: Gore Corporate & Legal, W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Hermann-Oberth-Straße 22, 85640 Putzbrunn, Germany (Tel.: +49 / 89-4612-0).
- For Asia and the Pacific region: Gore Corporate Services, W. L. Gore & Associates Hong Kong, Ltd. 12F, Tower 2, Grand Century Place, 193 Prince Edward Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong. (Tel.: +852 / 2622-9622).