Please read this Terms of Service agreement (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your access to or use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your agreement to be bound by this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and its affiliates (referred to below collectively as “Gore,” “we,” and “us”) concerning your use of the website from which you are accessing this Agreement (together with any successor site(s), the “Site”).
1. Acceptance of Terms. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we may post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement (and to any such additional rules and guidelines) from time to time; we may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when we last changed this Agreement by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend above. Your access to or use of the Site following changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of those changes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any changes to this Agreement shall not apply to any dispute between you and Gore arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised version of this Agreement incorporating such changes or otherwise notified you of such changes. We may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site; charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
2. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site, you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned upon your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this Section 2; your failure to comply with any such rule may result in termination of your access to or use of the Site (or any part thereof) pursuant to Section 7 below. You agree that you will not:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the Site to harvest or collect personally identifiable information about users of the Site.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirement, procedure, policy or regulation of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of (or any access to or use of) the Site without Gore’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Site without Gore’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine" or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without Gore’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to the following sentence, Gore grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials. Such permission is subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site’s root directory, and Gore reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
- Use the Site to distribute any information, which is offensive, harmful, derogatory, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise inappropriate or unlawful.
By submitting, posting or displaying any information, including but not limited to text, graphics, photos or other materials (“Your Content”) on or through the Site, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) which is not restricted in terms of time, place and purpose to use Your Content in miscellaneous media, such as print media, film and electronic media including the internet and social media. This license includes but is not limited to the right to edit, modify or otherwise transform Your Content and to reproduce, publish and distribute Your Content in the original or in modified, edited or transformed form.
You also acknowledge and agree that you (and not Gore) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, networking and computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use the Site, and paying all related charges.
3. Gore's Proprietary Rights. We and/or our licensors and suppliers own the information and materials made available through the Site. Such information and materials are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Site or any information or materials made available through the Site.
Gore trademarks and associated Gore logos are protected worldwide. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks or service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade names, trademarks or service marks without the express prior written consent of the owner.
4. Links. The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Other sites may link to the Site with or without our authorization, and we may block any links to or from the Site.
5. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. When compiling the information on this Site, Gore will do the utmost care and ensure regular updates. While we try to maintain the security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or that any use of the Site will be uninterrupted. Please note that information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. The information contained in this Site is for general information only and does not replace the detailed individual consultation prior to a purchase decision. The technical features and qualities of the described products are merely examples. Such features and qualities may vary, in particular, country-specific. Binding information about the technical features, equipment or characteristics of our products is only available on, in the trade, including commercial websites, from your authorized dealer, importer or directly from Gore. On some Sites, you have the possibility to order products. Your product orders are subject to additional and additional terms and conditions. Please note all supplementary and additional terms and conditions before submitting an order for products.
All third party content, whether posted or submitted to us is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. We may not monitor or control the content posted via the Site. We will not take responsibility for such content and we do not endorse any opinions expressed via the Site.
Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alteration to the Site, please contact us with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location of such material(s). We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site.
9. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two web sites GetNetWise (http://www.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0038-onguardonline). Please note that Gore does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
10. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site or this Agreement, please contact us. You may also contact us by writing to or please write to the following address: W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Corporate & Legal, Hermann-Oberth-Straße 22, 85640 Putzbrunn, Germany.
© 2017 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.