+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
CONNECT CARRY-ON DEVICES QUICKLY & EASILY WITH COMFORT.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 458.24 KB
To keep critical systems functioning at all times, W. L. Gore & Associates offers sturdy cable bundles that deliver non-stop signals ensuring high-volume data and video are uploaded and downloaded instantly. They also support the latest power management systems and quickly charge portable devices.
NON-STOP SIGNAL TRANSFER
The success of any mission depends greatly on ground forces receiving critical information immediately without any signal or data glitches. They also need to charge their portable devices as fast as possible without interruptions.
Available in 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 versions, GORE USB Cables offer nonstop signal transmission up to 10 Gb without failure. They make sure high volumes of data and video are uploaded and downloaded instantly, so ground forces get real-time Intel.
All versions of our cable bundles also support the latest power management systems so warfighters can comfortably charge carry-on devices quickly, easily and without delays.
The battlefield can be extremely challenging for power and data cables, exposing them and sensitive components to grueling conditions. So for added protection, we manufacturer our USB cables with engineered fluoropolymer materials proven to deliver a lifetime of service. They can easily tolerate the most harmful land and in-vehicle conditions.
As a bonus, our unique materials are lightweight and meet complex design requirements for soldier-worn systems, which means they won’t weigh down soldiers. They also won’t add unwanted weight to vehicles when connected to vectronics.
You can trust that sturdy, lightweight GORE USB Cables for defense land systems will perform without failure and last long after the alternatives have surrendered to the environment.
Sturdy, lightweight construction of GORE USB Cables
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
GORE USB Cables deliver trustworthy results in a variety of high power and high data rate transmission applications, like:
- content loading
- data transfer
- digital video systems
- peripheral/sensor networking
- portable electronic devices
- power remote devices
- soldier systems
- vehicle/dismount connectivity
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE USB Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- lightweight cable bundle construction
Our cable bundles provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- meet 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 high speed data protocol requirements
- nonstop signals for high-speed data transmission up to 10 Gb
- instant high-volume content uploads/download to receive real-time Intel
- charge carry-on devices quickly and easily with comfort
- lifetime protection against grueling land and in-vehicle conditions
- lightweight construction meets complex design requirements for soldier-worn systems
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE USB Cables for defense land systems.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 10|
|Standard Impedance (ohms)
90 ± 5
90 ± 10
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)|
|Maximum Skew Within Paira ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
aShielded twisted pairs only
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Materialb||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Yellow/White, Orange/White, Violet/White
Low-Speed Pairs: Green/White
Power Pair: Black/Red
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
bGore's 3.0 version, part number GSC-01-85201-VG includes a PU halogen-free jacket.
PART NUMBERS & DRAWINGS
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight, insertion loss values and use lengths.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN8800-22D-22P-H||Data Pair: 22 (19/34) Power Pair: 22 (19/34)|
|RCN8800-24D-22P-H||Data Pair: 24 (19/36) Power Pair: 22 (19/34)|
|RCN8800-26D-24P-H||Data Pair: 26 (19/38) Power Pair: 24 (19/36)|
|GSC-01-85201-VG||Data Pair: 26 (19/38) Power Pair: 22 (19/34)|
|GSC-03-84761-24D||Data Pair: 26 (19/38) Power Pair: 24 (19/36)|
GORE USB Cables for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- VG95218-31: Performance Requirements (GSC-01-85201-VG)
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853, Appendix F, Part I (b)(7): Flammability
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE USB CABLES OR ORDER NOW
For USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 protocols, Gore’s cable bundles offer power, speed, sturdiness and reliability necessary for critical land systems and soldier-worn devices. We offer selected samples of our high data rate solutions and lead times to qualify in your application. To learn more, contact a Gore representative today or place an order with our trusted distributor now.
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
Posted April 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced that last week it was one of 13 companies to win a “Partner 2 Win” Supplier of the Year award from BAE Systems for Gore’s high-performance cabling supporting countermeasure and electromagnetic defense solutions. In addition, Gore also received a Silver Supplier Award for best-in-class performance and contributions to supply chain success.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems