+1 800 626 7708
ACCESS DIGITAL CONTENT AND CHARGE DEVICES IN A SPLIT SECOND.
Data Sheets, 455.12 KB
To maintain operation of essential aviation systems, aerospace wire and cable must deliver high-speed data transfer and a rugged design. GORE USB Cables for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates keep up with these demands with nonstop signal transmission up to 10 Gb and rapid charging to keep devices powered for crew and passengers alike. Thanks to a rugged design tested to the most rigorous industry standards, our USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 cables withstand a lifetime of exposure to harsh aerospace environments while continuously providing reliable performance.
NON-STOP SIGNAL TRANSFER
The success of any mission depends greatly on aircrews receiving critical information immediately without any signal or data glitches. They also need to charge their portable devices as fast as possible without interruptions.
Available in 2.0 and 3.1 versions, GORE USB Cables offer nonstop signal transmission up to 10 Gb without failure. They make sure high volumes of data and video are uploaded and downloaded instantly on avionics, so aircrews get real-time Intel.
Each aircraft USB cable also supports the latest power management systems so military personnel can charge their carry-on devices quickly and easily without delay.
Airborne environments can be extremely challenging for power and data cables, exposing them and sensitive avionics to brutal conditions. So for added protection, we manufacturer our RF shielded USB cable bundles with engineered fluoropolymer materials proven to deliver a lifetime of service. They can easily tolerate the most harmful conditions, like extreme temperatures, abrasion, chemicals and more.
What’s more, our unique materials are lighter weight than alternatives, so they won’t add unwanted weight to aircraft when you connect our military USB cable bundles to avionics.
You can trust that sturdy, lightweight GORE USB Cables for defense aircraft will perform without failure and last long after the alternatives have surrendered to the environment.
Sturdy, lightweight construction of GORE USB Cables.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
GORE USB Cables deliver trustworthy results in a variety of high power and high data rate transmission applications, like:
- content loading
- data transfer
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- portable electronic devices
- power remote devices
Our Mil-Spec USB cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE USB Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- lightweight cable bundle construction
Our cable bundles provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- meet 2.0 and 3.1 high data rate protocol requirements
- nonstop signals for high speed data transmission up to 10 Gb
- instant high-volume content uploads/downloads to receive real-time Intel
- charge carry-on devices quickly and easily without delays
- lifetime protection against brutal aircraft conditions, like extreme temps
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE USB Cables for defense aircraft.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 10|
|Standard Impedance Ohms
90 ± 5
90 ± 10
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)|
|Maximum Skew Within Paira ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
a Shielded twisted pairs only.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Yellow/White, Orange/White, Violet/White
Low-Speed Pair: Green/White
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download drawings of our USB cable construction to view characteristics like diameter sizes, weight, insertion loss values and use lengths.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN8800-22D-22P-H||Data Pair: 22 (19/34)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-24D-22P-H||Data Pair: 24 (19/36)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-26D-24P-H||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
|GSC-03-84761-24D||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
GORE USB Cables for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853, Appendix F, Part I (b)(7): Flammability
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE USB CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Gore’s military-grade USB cable bundles for 2.0 and 3.1 protocols offer the power, speed, sturdiness and reliability necessary for critical avionics and portable devices. Get a sample of our tested, pre-qualified cable bundles shipped within 48 hours to evaluate in your application. You can also browse the sample library of our other high data rate solutions for evaluation.
Posted September 27, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today the addition of a new European distributor for its aerospace high-speed data cables. A.E. Petsche Company is now an authorized distributor for Gore’s entire selection of cables, including fiber optics, Ethernet, quadrax, HDMI, USB, shielded twisted pair, and more. Gore also offers higher-level cable protection systems and an abrasion-resistant cable jacket for packaging copper wires and cables.
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft