+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 455.12 KB
To maintain operation of essential aviation systems, aerospace wire and cable must deliver high-speed data transfer and a rugged design. GORE USB Cables for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates keep up with these demands with nonstop signal transmission up to 10 Gb and rapid charging to keep devices powered for crew and passengers alike. Thanks to a rugged design tested to the most rigorous industry standards, our USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 cables withstand a lifetime of exposure to harsh aerospace environments while continuously providing reliable performance.
Passengers expect to download IFE content and charge their devices quickly and easily on their portable devices when traveling. Pilots expect to receive necessary data in the cockpit. So aircraft cables need to upload/download content and charge devices as fast as possible.
Added Durability for Lifetime Performance
GORE USB Cables in 2.0 and 3.1 versions equally deliver non-stop signal transmission up to 10 Gb ensuring high volumes of content are uploaded and downloaded in time. Our cable bundles also support the latest power management systems so passengers and flight crews can charge their portable electronic devices quickly and easily. Just as important, they withstand the harshest aircraft environments because of the added durability in the construction that provides enhanced protection for a long lifecycle.
Sturdy bundle design of GORE USB Cables
GORE USB Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- content loading
- data transfer
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- portable electronic devices
- power remote devices
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE USB Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- non-stop signals for high-speed data transmission up to 10 Gb
- ensure high volumes of content are uploaded/downloaded instantly
- support latest power management systems to charge devices quickly
- sturdy bundle design withstands extreme environments for long lifecycle
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE USB Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)
90 ± 5
90 ± 10
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)|
|Maximum Skew Within Paira ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Shielded twisted pairs only.
Mechanical and Environmental
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Yellow/White, Orange/White, Violet/White
Low-Speed Pairs: Green/White
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN8800-22D-22P-H||Data Pair: 22 (19/34)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-24D-22P-H||Data Pair: 24 (19/36)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-26D-24P-H||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
|GSC-03-84761-24D||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
GORE USB Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853, Appendix F, Part I (b)(7): Flammability
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
November 15, 2021 - November 17, 2021
We’re excited to be able to meet and talk in person again after so many virtual meetings! Stop by Booth 609 to talk with us about your latest aviation and airframe system developments. And you don’t want to miss our latest Fiber Optic Cables Demonstration, so come by and ask to see it.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft