Improvements in aerospace technology and passenger expectations for constant connection and access to IFE are driving the demand to update commercial aircraft with higher data rate cables. These cables also need to provide consistent power in less space of an airframe.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables utilize low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) with controlled impedance for data transmission lines at speeds up to 1 GHz. No matter the conditions inside or outside the aircraft, our cables ensure reliable performance for a successful flight every time. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction enables a higher tolerance against the harshest environments, like rapid changes in temperatures encountered during take-off and landing.
SAVE WEIGHT WITH GORE CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Our shielded twisted pair cables work well in aerospace harness applications because of their high flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of airframes. The low-dielectric cable configuration is 30% smaller, which reduces overall weight by as much as 50% when compared to standard oval configurations. If you compare our design side by side with alternative round designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller.
Our cables' superior electrical performance can also reduce the need for additional signal amplification in your system architecture, decreasing weight and power requirements even more.
Durable construction of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- cabin management systems
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS devices
- serial buses
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- reliable LVDS with controlled impedance for high-speed data transfer up to 1 GHz
- durable construction protects against harsh conditions, like rapid temperatures
- low-profile configuration reduces size by 30% and weight by as much as 50%
- less need for additional signal amplification further reduces weight/power requirements
- highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for easier installation in hard-to-reach places
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)a||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Contact a Gore representative for other impedance options.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (Gore) has announced that complimentary samples of GORE® Tethered Drone Cables are now available with short lead times and can be shipped within two business days from the date of the request. Ideal for prototyping and evaluation, samples are available in 16-, 20- and 24-AWG configurations, with length options of 5, 10 and 15 feet.
Gore has recently upgraded its site manufacturing infrastructure in Pleinfeld, Germany, significantly reducing product delivery time to OEMs and end users.
Gore will showcase a wide selection of high-performance solutions at the world’s biggest airshow in Farnborough, 16-22 July in Hall 1, Booth 1265.
Gore will showcase its selection of proven, long-lasting GORE Microwave/RF Assemblies at the 2018 Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) in Hamburg, Germany on 10-12 April in Booth 2E60.