+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 697.11 KB
Aerospace cables must balance rugged design with light, slim construction to deliver optimal performance and easy installation in space-restricted airframes. GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates are ideal for most aerospace harness applications thanks to durable construction that withstands rapidly changing environmental factors.
Improvements in aerospace technology and passenger expectations for constant connection and access to IFE are driving the demand to update commercial aircraft with higher data rate cables. These cables also need to provide consistent power in less space of an airframe.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables utilize low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) with controlled impedance for data transmission lines at speeds up to 1 GHz. No matter the conditions inside or outside the aircraft, our cables ensure reliable performance for a successful flight every time. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction enables a higher tolerance against the harshest environments, like rapid changes in temperatures encountered during take-off and landing.
SAVE WEIGHT WITH GORE CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Our shielded twisted pair cables work well in aerospace harness applications because of their high flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of airframes. The low-dielectric cable configuration is 30% smaller, which reduces overall weight by as much as 50% when compared to standard oval configurations. If you compare our design side by side with alternative round designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller.
Our cables' superior electrical performance can also reduce the need for additional signal amplification in your system architecture, decreasing weight and power requirements even more.
Durable construction of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- cabin management systems
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS devices
- serial buses
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- reliable LVDS with controlled impedance for high-speed data transfer up to 1 GHz
- durable construction protects against harsh conditions, like rapid temperatures
- low-profile configuration reduces size by 30% and weight by as much as 50%
- less need for additional signal amplification further reduces weight/power requirements
- highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for easier installation in hard-to-reach places
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)a||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Contact a Gore representative for other impedance options.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
November 15, 2021 - November 17, 2021
We’re excited to be able to meet and talk in person again after so many virtual meetings! Stop by Booth 609 to talk with us about your latest aviation and airframe system developments. And you don’t want to miss our latest Fiber Optic Cables Demonstration, so come by and ask to see it.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft