+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 701.04 KB
W. L. Gore & Associates offers 100-ohm controlled impedance cables that balance rugged designs with light, slim constructions necessary for optimal performance. They’re ideal for most wire and cable harness applications thanks to their construction that withstands challenging installation and environmental factors.
Improvements in aerospace technology and passenger expectations for constant connection and access to IFE are driving the demand to update commercial aircraft with higher data rate cables. These cables also need to provide consistent power in less space of an airframe.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables utilize low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) with controlled impedance for data transmission lines at speeds up to 1 GHz. No matter the conditions inside or outside the aircraft, our cables ensure reliable performance for a successful flight every time. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction enables a higher tolerance against the harshest environments, like rapid changes in temperatures encountered during take-off and landing.
SAVE WEIGHT WITH GORE CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Our shielded twisted pair cables work well in aerospace harness applications because of their high flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of airframes. The low-dielectric cable configuration is 30% smaller, which reduces overall weight by as much as 50% when compared to standard oval configurations. If you compare our design side by side with alternative round designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller.
Our cables' superior electrical performance can also reduce the need for additional signal amplification in your system architecture, decreasing weight and power requirements even more.
Durable construction of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- cabin management systems
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS devices
- serial buses
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- reliable LVDS with controlled impedance for high-speed data transfer up to 1 GHz
- durable construction protects against harsh conditions, like rapid temperatures
- low-profile configuration reduces size by 30% and weight by as much as 50%
- less need for additional signal amplification further reduces weight/power requirements
- highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for easier installation in hard-to-reach places
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)a||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Contact a Gore representative for other impedance options.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
June 19, 2023 - June 25, 2023
Visit our Booth 2C-C358 to see GORE® Cables and Materials that have been proven and trusted over time in fighter jets, rotorcraft and passenger airliners. Reserve your time slot now for a 1-on-1 discussion to talk with us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft