+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
IDEAL CABLE SOLUTION FOR HIGH-SPEED SERIAL DATA & VIDEO PROTOCOLS.
Data Sheets, 584.92 KB
Modern aviation relies on high-speed data and video transfer. At the same time, aircraft environments expose sensitive components to extreme temperatures, vibration and more while presenting challenging routing configurations. W. L. Gore & Associates meets these challenges with our GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Aircraft featuring high-speed data and video transmission, a low-dielectric size and a rugged design to guard against failure in even the harshest environments.
HIGH-SPEED DATA & VIDEO TRANSFER
Continuous communication and in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) rely on modern avionics transferring data and video at the highest speeds without interruption. At the same time, extreme weather, repeated vibration and challenging routing configurations are examples of aircraft conditions that can damage sensitive wires and cables.
GORE Quad Cables meet these challenges with specialty versions that offer high data rate transmission and a lighter, more rugged design. Designed for high-speed serial data and video protocols, they offer tighter skew requirements with controlled impedance. Our aviation cables feature dual differential pairs that routinely transfer bi-directional signals at speeds up to 1 GHz at lengths up to 30 m (100 ft.).
SMALL, RUGGED QUADRAX DESIGN
Reduced cable design
We originally invented this low-crosstalk quadrax cable design that reduces interference for clear, strong signals. Our specialty versions highlight a more compact size that’s around 40% smaller than comparable dual twisted pair cables. These reduced diameters are proven to save more than 5.0 kg (11 lbs.) per aircraft. Being also highly flexible, maintainers can bend our twisted quad cable tightly for easier routing in space-limited aircraft systems.
But there’s more! We make our low-skew cable with remarkably strong materials proven to withstand the environmental challenges and mechanical stresses typical during flight.
With rugged GORE Quad Cables connected to high-speed avionics, pilots can have the utmost confidence in communicating vital flight information and passengers can enjoy continuous IFEC for the entire flight.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS AIRCRAFT APPLICATIONS
Perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data and video protocols, GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) deliver steadfast results in a variety of applications, like:
- avionics digital networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (electro-optical infrared) sensors
- Ethernet backbone
- flight control
- propulsion control
- video networks
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- original inventor of innovative, low-crosstalk quadrax design
- lightweight, highly flexible cable construction with reduced diameters
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
Our cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- tighter skew requirements aligned with high-speed serial data/video protocols
- routine bi-directional signals with controlled impedance at speeds up to 1 GHz
- low crosstalk performance for less signal interference
- remarkably strong materials for rugged protection against challenging environments
- compact size around 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- proven weight savings of more than 5.0 kg (11 lbs.) per aircraft
- easy routing in space-limited aircraft systems from high flexibility and tight bend radius
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for civil aircraft.
|Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1||Up to 1||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 5||100 ± 10||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15||< 15||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||> 80||> 80||> 80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)||4.23 (1.29)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)||39.4 (12.0)||42.7 (13.0)|
|Minimum Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) dB
at 10 MHz
at 100 MHz
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/Red, Green/Yellow||Blue/Orange, Green/Red||Black/Blue, Green/White|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200||-55 to +200||-55 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight and attenuation/return loss values.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 1000BASE-T
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE QUAD CABLES OR ORDER NOW
We’re proud to offer complimentary samples of our tested and pre-qualified star quadrax specialty versions within 48 hours for prototyping and evaluation. For more information or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative for civil aircraft. When you’re ready, reach out to one of our trusted distributors to purchase our in-stock aerospace cables.
Posted September 27, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today the addition of a new European distributor for its aerospace high-speed data cables. A.E. Petsche Company is now an authorized distributor for Gore’s entire selection of cables, including fiber optics, Ethernet, quadrax, HDMI, USB, shielded twisted pair, and more. Gore also offers higher-level cable protection systems and an abrasion-resistant cable jacket for packaging copper wires and cables.
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft
- Leaky Feeder Antennas for Civil Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Civil Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Civil Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Civil Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Civil Aircraft