The industry’s need for faster data/video transfer is driving the demand to update commercial aircraft with higher data rate cables to keep up with technology changes. Cables also need to be much stronger to tolerate difficult aircraft environments without breaking or failing.
We offer specialty versions of GORE Quad Cables with tighter skew requirements that are perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data and video protocols. Our dual differential pairs routinely transfer bi-directional signals while maintaining data and video speeds up to 1 GHz at lengths up to 30 m (100 ft).
REDUCED CABLE SIZE, DURABLE MATERIALS
Reduced cable design
We’re the original architect of this innovative quadrax cable design. When compared to dual twisted pair constructions, our quadrax design is significantly smaller — by around 40% — yet remarkably strong. Our design is also lighter weight and has saved more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft. This smaller diameter also increases flexibility with a tight bend radius, making it easier for maintainers to route cables in crowded areas surrounding aircraft electronic systems.
Remarkably strong materials of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions)
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (electro-optical infrared) sensors
- Ethernet backbone
- flight control
- propulsion control
- video networks
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- routinely transfer bi-directional signals with controlled impedance at speeds up to 1 GHz
- low-skew performance aligned with high-speed serial data/video protocols
- remarkably strong materials reliably protect against extreme environments
- unique quadrax design is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proven to save more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft
- simpler routing in crowded areas due to more flexibility and smaller bend radius
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions).
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 5||100 ± 10||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15||< 15||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||> 80||> 80||> 80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)||4.23 (1.29)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)||39.4 (12.0)||42.7 (13.0)|
|Minimum Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) (dB)
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/Red, Green/Yellow||Blue/Orange, Green/Red||Black/Blue, Green/White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200||-55 to +200||-55 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 1000BASE-T
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
W. L. Gore & Associates announced today a new solution that meets higher voltages as the trend continues towards aircraft electrification to reduce the impact of air transport on our environment. GORE® High Performance Aerospace Wires, GWN3000 Series, deliver the best combination of superior mechanical strength and outstanding electrical reliability without increasing wire bundle size or weight.
W. L. Gore & Associates announced that its GORE® PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies were recognized among the 2020 Military & Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards. An esteemed and experienced panel of judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Gore as a Gold honoree. These assemblies are being recognized for their durability and reliability for precision testing of electronic warfare (EW) / radar suites; electronic surveillance/counter measures; radar warning systems; missile approach warning systems; and navigation/communication systems.
Due to the ongoing challenge of COVID-19, IMS2020 has been moved to virtual with live streaming. A key topic at the symposium is 5G connectivity, and Gore will present a portfolio of reliable microwave/RF test assemblies for 5G testing. We’ll describe how our cable assemblies provide durable, stable, and consistent performance to ensuring accurate and reliable testing results.
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) today announced the company’s involvement in the Mars 2020 Mission scheduled for launch on July 30 from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. This U.S. mission addresses high-priority scientific goals for exploration to help answer the questions of potential life on Mars.