Data Sheets, 469.25 KB
High-definition video is essential for modern avionics, from critical displays in the cockpit to cabin displays for entertainment. GORE HDMI Cables for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates support a wide array of aircraft video applications with crystal-clear 4K (2160p) resolution and fast data transmission up to 18 Gb. In addition to excellent video performance, our HDMI aviation cables offer a small diameter and light design to enhance flexibility and make routing simple.
CRYSTAL CLEAR, HIGH-DEFINITION DISPLAYS
It’s essential for aircrews to view critical video instantly and as clearly as possible in cockpits and workstations to avoid potential disasters. So aviation cables must be rugged, support high-resolution displays and transmit fast, reliable signals. Cables must also be small enough to fit in limited spaces and light enough to help save weight on aircraft.
Offering versions for 1.4 Cat2 and 2.0 protocols, GORE HDMI Cables support 4K video resolution for a rich, clear, defined viewing experience on aircraft displays. They’re proven to transmit outstanding signals at high data rates up to 18 Gb so that aircrews can receive and view critical Intel instantaneously in high definition.
LOW-WEIGHT, FLEXIBLE CONSTRUCTION
Size and flexibility matter when it comes to routing cables in military aircraft to avoid frequent failures, reduce replacement costs and keep aircraft weight down. We construct our HDMI cable bundles with unique, low-weight materials that produce smaller diameters and tighter bend radii for optimal flexibility during installation. When space is at a premium, maintainers will appreciate how quick and easy it is to bend and route our cable bundles.
But, that doesn’t mean durability is compromised. Though low weight, these cable bundles can easily sustain the demands of their environment, providing lifetime performance for military personnel and cost savings for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
When you want a product that involves less complicated routing and delivers unfailing high data rate performance for life, connect GORE HDMI Cables to your aircraft displays and portable devices.
Low-weight materials of GORE HDMI Cables
GORE HDMI Cables promise reliable high data rate transmission and optimal viewing experience in a variety of airborne applications, like:
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- flight management systems
- glass cockpits
- portable electronic devices
- weather mapping
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE HDMI Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- low-weight, flexible cable bundle design with reduced diameters
Our cable bundles provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- 1.4 Cat 2 and 2.0 versions to meet protocol requirements
- outstanding signals for high speed data transmission up to 18 Gb
- support 4K video resolution for a rich, clear, defined viewing experience
- robust construction provides uncompromising durability in difficult conditions
- weight savings in aircraft from low weight cable design
- simplified routing from smaller diameters, more flexibility and tighter bend radii
- lifetime product performance yields less failures and replacement costs
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables for defense aircraft.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 18|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Environmental / Mechanical Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
SIngles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
We invite you to download our drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter size, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9121||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable bundles, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE HDMI CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Our versions for 1.4 Cat2 and 2.0 protocols provide the highest quality data transfer and video resolution required for aircraft displays. To learn more about our HDMI cables and other high speed data solutions for defense aircraft, view our sample inventory. Our tested, prequalified, complimentary samples are available in 48 hours. If you’re ready to place an order now, get in touch with an authorized distributor or contact a Gore representative today.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
November 15, 2021 - November 17, 2021
We’re excited to be able to meet and talk in person again after so many virtual meetings! Stop by Booth 609 to talk with us about your latest aviation and airframe system developments. And you don’t want to miss our latest Fiber Optic Cables Demonstration, so come by and ask to see it.
Posted November 8, 2021
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today that its GORE® High Performance Aerospace Wires, GWN3000 Series, were recognized among the 2021 Military & Aerospace Electronics Technology Innovators Awards. An independent panel of esteemed judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Gore as a gold honoree for the second consecutive year. The company’s PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies were recognized in 2020.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft