+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 469.25 KB
High-definition video is essential for modern avionics, from critical displays in the cockpit to cabin displays for entertainment. GORE HDMI Cables for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates support a wide array of aircraft video applications with crystal-clear 4K (2160p) resolution and fast data transmission up to 18 Gb. In addition to excellent video performance, our HDMI aviation cables offer a small diameter and light design to enhance flexibility and make routing simple.
With the advancements in modern digital networks and passenger demand for faster access to IFE in high definition, cables need to deliver higher data rates over longer distances with higher video resolution. At the same time, they need to provide consistent power performance and signal integrity in less space.
GORE Aerospace HDMI 2.0 Cables enable a higher resolution up to 4K at 50/60 (2160p), which is four times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution allowing passengers to experience IFE in even higher definition. Gore’s cable bundles deliver excellent signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 18 gigabits over longer distances.
Higher Resolution Displays
GORE HDMI Cables in 1.4 Cat2 and 2.0 versions support 4K (2160p) resolution, which is 4x the clarity of 1080p for a richer viewing experience on cockpit and cabin displays. Our cable bundles provide outstanding high-speed signals for data and video transmission up to 18 Gb, so flight crews can view necessary data and passengers can watch IFE on crystal clear, high definition displays.
They significantly reduce overall cable size because of the unique low-weight materials in the construction that enables a smaller cable diameter. Aircraft maintainers will be pleased because the greater flexibility and tighter bending capability of these cable bundles involve less complicated routing where space is at a premium. But, that doesn’t mean durability is compromised — our cable bundles can sustain the demands of their surroundings, ensuring lifetime performance long after the alternatives have failed.
Low-weight materials of GORE HDMI Cables
GORE HDMI Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- flight management systems
- glass cockpits
- in-flight entertainment (IFE)
- portable electronic devices
- weather mapping
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE HDMI Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- support 4K resolution for increased clarity when viewing aircraft displays
- outstanding high-speed signals for data/video transmission up to 18 Gb
- more durability to sustain demanding surroundings for lifetime performance
- reduced cable size due to low-weight construction and smaller diameter
- increased flexibility with tighter bending capability for less complicated routing
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cable bundles, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Environmental / Mechanical Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
SIngles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9121||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE HDMI Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Posted September 27, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today the addition of a new European distributor for its aerospace high-speed data cables. A.E. Petsche Company is now an authorized distributor for Gore’s entire selection of cables, including fiber optics, Ethernet, quadrax, HDMI, USB, shielded twisted pair, and more. Gore also offers higher-level cable protection systems and an abrasion-resistant cable jacket for packaging copper wires and cables.
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft