With the advancements in modern digital networks and passenger demand for faster access to IFE in high definition, cables need to deliver higher data rates over longer distances with higher video resolution. At the same time, they need to provide consistent power performance and signal integrity in less space.
GORE Aerospace HDMI 2.0 Cables enable a higher resolution up to 4K at 50/60 (2160p), which is four times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution allowing passengers to experience IFE in even higher definition. Gore’s cable bundles deliver excellent signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 18 gigabits over longer distances.
Higher Resolution Displays
GORE HDMI Cables in 1.4 Cat2 and 2.0 versions support 4K (2160p) resolution, which is 4x the clarity of 1080p for a richer viewing experience on cockpit and cabin displays. Our cable bundles provide outstanding high-speed signals for data and video transmission up to 18 Gb, so flight crews can view necessary data and passengers can watch IFE on crystal clear, high definition displays.
They significantly reduce overall cable size because of the unique low-weight materials in the construction that enables a smaller cable diameter. Aircraft maintainers will be pleased because the greater flexibility and tighter bending capability of these cable bundles involve less complicated routing where space is at a premium. But, that doesn’t mean durability is compromised — our cable bundles can sustain the demands of their surroundings, ensuring lifetime performance long after the alternatives have failed.
Low-weight materials of GORE HDMI Cables
GORE HDMI Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- flight management systems
- glass cockpits
- in-flight entertainment (IFE)
- portable electronic devices
- weather mapping
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE HDMI Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- support 4K resolution for increased clarity when viewing aircraft displays
- outstanding high-speed signals for data/video transmission up to 18 Gb
- more durability to sustain demanding surroundings for lifetime performance
- reduced cable size due to low-weight construction and smaller diameter
- increased flexibility with tighter bending capability for less complicated routing
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cable bundles, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Environmental / Mechanical Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper / SPC alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
SIngles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9121||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE HDMI Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Due to the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, the Michigan Defense Exposition has been moved to a free virtual environment — now called V-MDEX.
W. L. Gore & Associates has launched its updated GORE® Microwave/RF Assembly Builder, a step-by-step tool that allows the user to configure and request a quote for an assembly with a variety of connector & cable options, assembly lengths, and frequencies.
Visit us in Booth 1731 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. We’ll be showcasing our comprehensive portfolio of reliable solutions for traditional space applications and the NewSpace economy.
W. L. Gore & Associates will showcase a broad portfolio of GORE® Space Cables and Assemblies for traditional and NewSpace applications at Satellite 2020 in Washington, DC on March 9 to 12 in Booth 1731.