Today’s aircraft environment requires cables that can carry loads of data at higher speeds in advanced avionics. Aircraft cables are also subjected to challenging conditions and must be able to survive extreme temperatures, tricky wiring in less space, and harsh contaminants to name a few. Cables play a key role in system performance and can quickly fail if they get damaged or break, putting missions and aircrews at risk.
Consistent Signal Integrity
GORE Fibre Channel Cables enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity at data rates up to 1 GHz in hazardous aircraft environments. We use the field cancellation properties of a balanced quadrax cable design, so our high-speed cables can transmit 2 differential signals within the same shield without interfering with each other.
We also boost durability and protection with our unique materials that resist high temps, harsh chemicals, contaminants, and more. Our cables are proven on many airborne platforms like the F-16, F-18 and AV8B. Aircrews can always depend on receiving crucial information in real-time with our cables installed in the aircraft they fly.
Low-Dielectric Cable Geometry
Low-dielectric cable geometry
Our innovative fluoropolymer technologies deliver cables that have a smaller diameter compared to dual twisted pair cables. These fibre channel cables have a quadrax design that’s 40% smaller, which also makes them lighter weight without sacrificing toughness. They’re built to last and perform reliably for as long as the aircraft remains in service. Our low-dielectric cables are also more flexible with a tighter bend radius making aircraft wiring much easier during routing for maintainers.
Tough construction of GORE Fibre Channel Cables
GORE Fibre Channel Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- active electronically-scanned arrays (AESA)
- advanced mission computers
- cabin/flight management systems
- tactical aircraft moving maps
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Fibre Channel Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- enhanced noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity up to 1 GHz
- balanced design enables 2 differential signals to transmit within the same shield without interference
- increased durability with materials resistant to wide temperatures and chemicals
- low-dielectric quadrax geometry is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair cables
- easier routing due to lightweight design, excellent flexibility, and tighter bend radius
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Fibre Channel Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||150 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||87|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.0 (1.22)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||28.2 (8.6)|
|Typical Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||3.0 (0.9)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Black/White Stripe, Blue/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Solid White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Fibre Channel Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3.303: Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface-3 (FC-PH-3)
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
GORE Fibre Channel Cables, 150 ohms, and coaxial cables can be terminated with commercially available connectors to create assemblies for defense applications. Connector options used between-the-box include DB-9 plug and receptacles, and MIL-C-38999 size 11. These connectors provide optimized performance in the smallest possible connector package.
- Insert configuration maintains quadrax geometry through the connector interface.
- Improved Z° match minimizes reflections for clean eye patterns.
- Standard size 22D contacts provide high reliability and ease of use.
- Series 3 coupling provides enhanced EMI performance.
|Description||Gore Part Number||Impedance (ohms)||Image|
|M24308/4-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) plug||Approx. 100||
|M24308/2-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) receptacle||Approx. 100||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), military (composite)||FCN1059||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (jam nut), military (composite)||FCN1058||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), military (composite)||FCN1060||150||
Gore also offers a variety of connector options for GORE Fibre Channel Cables used inside-the-box.
|SMP (50 ohm)||SSMC (50 ohm)|
|SMA (50/75 ohm)||MCX (50/75 ohm)|
Due to the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, the Michigan Defense Exposition has been moved to a free virtual environment — now called V-MDEX.
W. L. Gore & Associates has launched its updated GORE® Microwave/RF Assembly Builder, a step-by-step tool that allows the user to configure and request a quote for an assembly with a variety of connector & cable options, assembly lengths, and frequencies.
Visit us in Booth 1731 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. We’ll be showcasing our comprehensive portfolio of reliable solutions for traditional space applications and the NewSpace economy.
W. L. Gore & Associates will showcase a broad portfolio of GORE® Space Cables and Assemblies for traditional and NewSpace applications at Satellite 2020 in Washington, DC on March 9 to 12 in Booth 1731.