+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 531.72 KB
Backed by decades of engineering innovation, W. L. Gore & Associates’ GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft are a proven interconnect solution on many commercial, business and defense aircraft, like the Falcon 7X, F-16, F-18 and AV-8B. Featuring a balanced cable design with field-cancellation properties, they can transmit two differential signals within the same shield without interference.
Today’s aircraft environment requires cables that can carry loads of data at higher speeds in advanced avionics. Aircraft cables are also subjected to challenging conditions and must be able to survive extreme temperatures, tricky wiring in less space, and harsh contaminants to name a few. Cables play a key role in system performance and can quickly fail if they get damaged or break, putting missions and aircrews at risk.
Consistent Signal Integrity
GORE Fibre Channel Cables enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity at data rates up to 1 GHz in hazardous aircraft environments. We use the field cancellation properties of a balanced quadrax cable design, so our high-speed cables can transmit 2 differential signals within the same shield without interfering with each other.
Low-Dielectric Cable Geometry
We also boost durability and protection with our unique materials that resist high temps, harsh chemicals, contaminants, and more. Our cables are proven on many airborne platforms, like the Falcon 7X and more. Flight crews can always depend on receiving crucial information in real-time with our cables installed in the aircraft they fly.
Low-Dielectric Cable Geometry
Our innovative fluoropolymer technologies deliver cables that have a smaller diameter compared to dual twisted pair cables. These fibre channel cables have a quadrax design that’s 40% smaller, which also makes them lighter weight without sacrificing toughness. They’re built to last and perform reliably for as long as the aircraft remains in service. Our low-dielectric cables are also more flexible with a tighter bend radius making aircraft wiring much easier during routing for maintainers.
Tough construction of GORE Fibre Channel Cables
GORE Fibre Channel Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- active electronically-scanned arrays (AESA)
- cabin/flight management systems
- tactical aircraft moving maps
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Fibre Channel Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- enhanced noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity up to 1 GHz
- balanced design enables 2 differential signals to transmit within the same shield without interference
- increased durability with materials resistant to wide temperatures and chemicals
- low-dielectric quadrax geometry is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair cables
- easier routing due to lightweight design, excellent flexibility, and tighter bend radius
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Fibre Channel Cables.
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||150 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating (V)||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||87|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.0 (1.22)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||28.2 (8.6)|
|Typical Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||3.0 (0.9)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Black/White Stripe, Blue/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Solid White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number and Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Fibre Channel Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3.303: Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface-3 (FC-PH-3)
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
GORE Fibre Channel Cables, 150 ohms, and coaxial cables can be terminated with commercially available connectors to create assemblies for civil applications. Connectors options used between-the-box include DB-9 plug and receptacles, and MIL-C-38999 size 11. These connectors provide optimized performance in the smallest possible connector package. Benefits include:
- Insert configuration maintains quadrax geometry through connector interface
- Improved Z° match minimizes reflections for clean eye patterns
- Standard size 22D contacts provide high reliability and ease of use
- Series 3 coupling provides enhanced EMI performance
|Description||Gore Part Number||Impedance (ohms)||Image|
|M24308/4-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) plug||Approx. 100||
|M24308/2-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) receptacle||Approx. 100||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), military (composite)||FCN1059||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (jam nut), military (composite)||FCN1058||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), military (composite)||FCN1060||150||
Gore also offers a variety of connector options for GORE Fibre Channel Cables used inside-the-box.
|SMP (50 ohm)||SSMC (50 ohm)|
|SMA (50/75 ohm)||MCX (50/75 ohm)|
Posted September 27, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today the addition of a new European distributor for its aerospace high-speed data cables. A.E. Petsche Company is now an authorized distributor for Gore’s entire selection of cables, including fiber optics, Ethernet, quadrax, HDMI, USB, shielded twisted pair, and more. Gore also offers higher-level cable protection systems and an abrasion-resistant cable jacket for packaging copper wires and cables.
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft