+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Gore’s cables are designed specifically for 4K video interface systems.
This version from W. L Gore & Associates operates reliably up to 6 GHz with controlled impedance while saving valuable weight and reducing operating costs. Our coax cables are ideal for high-tech systems with countless sensors installed in passenger airliners or military aircraft and vehicles.
RELIABLE 4K VIDEO TRANSMISSION AT 75 OHMS
Our defense customers have told us that they need a dependable coaxial cable operating at 75 ohms while streaming secure video in ultra-high definition. They also want cables to be smaller and lighter to save valuable weight while being more flexible and easier to install in vehicles.
We listened to our customers’ demands and offer GORE Coaxial Cables that operate reliably at 75 ohms with controlled impedance. They’re specifically designed for 4K video interface systems in many types of armored vehicles. Our cables optimize signals and video transmission with ultra-low loss up to 6 GHz in applications like remote-controlled turret cameras. With proven outstanding shielding effectiveness, they also reduce RF interference among vital systems.
ADDED DURABILITY WHILE SAVING WEIGHT
Our 75-ohm coaxial cables feature a specialized fluoropolymer jacket that improves durability for superior protection against difficult conditions that ground forces typically encounter during missions. For instance, heavy snow, arctic temperatures, torrential rain, high heat, humidity and desert regions. These rugged military high-speed data cables also tolerate repeated vibration, high abrasion, hazardous chemicals, harsh contaminants and more.
More durability usually means thicker materials that can take up valuable space in vehicles and make cables stiff to route. But, our cable insulation is thinner and lighter without compromising on durability. They’re also easier and faster to install in overcrowded vehicles because of their smaller diameter that increases flexibility with a tighter minimum bend radius. Our cables exceed stringent industry requirements while also meeting SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) standards.
With complete mechanical and electrical reliability, GORE Coaxial Cables save weight and reduce your operating costs, making them an ideal replacement for legacy RG coaxial cables.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
With proven performance that’s thoroughly tested and qualified before going to market, GORE Coaxial Cables provide trustworthy results in several applications, including:
- Remote-controlled turret cameras
- Vehicle camera links
- Vectronics displays
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Coaxial Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant, EMI shielding materials
- lighter weight design with smaller diameters
- high flexibility and tighter bending capability
Our cables provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- optimized 4K signals and video transmission with ultra-low loss up to 6 GHz
- proven to maintain controlled impedance at 75 ohms
- outstanding EMI shielding effectiveness for less RF interference among electronics
- superior protection against extreme temperatures, weather, abrasion, more
- significant weight savings with smaller, lighter weight construction
- easier routing with more flexibility and tighter bend radius
- exceed stringent military requirements and meet SMPTE standards
- reduced operating costs due to longer product life
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Coaxial Cables for defense land systems.
|Maximum Frequency GHz||6|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||75 ± 2|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 420|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||83|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.0 (1.26)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||53.2 (16.2)|
|Shielding Effectiveness dB through 2 MHz||> 420|
|Nominal Dielectric Constant||1.4|
|Typical Attenuationa dB/30 m (100 ft)
at 3 GHz
at 6 GHz
|Mechanical /Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Braid Shielding||Silver-Plated Copper|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE|
|Conductor Plating||Silver-Plated Copper|
|Temperature Range °C||-55 to +200|
a. Attenuation values are based on the maximum recommended use lengths.
PART NUMBER & DRAWING
We invite you to download our drawing to view cable specifications, like diameter sizes and more.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry coaxial cable standards and our customers’ requirements.
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- EN4604-003: Cable Characteristics for Signal Transmission
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- MIL-C-17G: Cables, Radio Frequency, Flexible and Semi-Rigid
- SMPTE 292M: Bit-Serial Digital Interface for High Definition Television (HDTV)
- SMPTE 424M: 3 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
- SMPTE 2081-1: 6 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
- SMPTE 2082-1: 12 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE COAXIAL CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Our lightweight coaxial cables at 75 ohms are a proven reliable replacement for standard legacy RG alternatives in 4K video interface systems. For more information or to discuss the specific needs and requirements of your defense land vehicle application, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to purchase our product, contact our trusted distributor for in-stock availability.
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
Posted April 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced that last week it was one of 13 companies to win a “Partner 2 Win” Supplier of the Year award from BAE Systems for Gore’s high-performance cabling supporting countermeasure and electromagnetic defense solutions. In addition, Gore also received a Silver Supplier Award for best-in-class performance and contributions to supply chain success.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems