+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Gore’s cables are designed specifically for 4K video interface systems.
Modern military land systems require countless sensors that depend on cables to transmit critical video as clearly as possible throughout the entire mission. W. L. Gore & Associates builds a reliable solution that can meet that prerequisite while saving valuable weight and reducing operating costs. GORE Coaxial Cables optimize signals and video transmission at 75 ohms in remote-controlled turret cameras, vehicle camera links and vectronics displays. With improved durability and protection, they exceed stringent industry requirements while also meeting SMPTE standards.
RELIABLE 4K VIDEO TRANSMISSION AT 75 OHMS
Our defense customers have told us that they need a dependable coaxial cable operating at 75 ohms while streaming secure video in ultra-high definition. They also want cables to be smaller and lighter to save valuable weight while being more flexible and easier to install in vehicles.
We listened to our customers’ demands and offer GORE Coaxial Cables that operate reliably at 75 ohms with controlled impedance. They’re specifically designed for 4K video interface systems in many types of armored vehicles. Our cables optimize signals and video transmission with ultra-low loss up to 6 GHz in applications like remote-controlled turret cameras. With proven outstanding shielding effectiveness, they also reduce RF interference among vital systems.
ADDED DURABILITY WHILE SAVING WEIGHT
Our 75-ohm coaxial cables feature a specialized fluoropolymer jacket that improves durability for superior protection against difficult conditions that ground forces typically encounter during missions. For instance, heavy snow, arctic temperatures, torrential rain, high heat, humidity and desert regions. These rugged military high-speed data cables also tolerate repeated vibration, high abrasion, hazardous chemicals, harsh contaminants and more.
More durability usually means thicker materials that can take up valuable space in vehicles and make cables stiff to route. But, our cable insulation is thinner and lighter without compromising on durability. They’re also easier and faster to install in overcrowded vehicles because of their smaller diameter that increases flexibility with a tighter minimum bend radius. Our cables exceed stringent industry requirements while also meeting SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) standards.
With complete mechanical and electrical reliability, GORE Coaxial Cables save weight and reduce your operating costs, making them an ideal replacement for legacy RG coaxial cables.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
With proven performance that’s thoroughly tested and qualified before going to market, GORE Coaxial Cables provide trustworthy results in several applications, including:
- Remote-controlled turret cameras
- Vehicle camera links
- Vectronics displays
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Coaxial Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant, EMI shielding materials
- lighter weight design with smaller diameters
- high flexibility and tighter bending capability
Our cables provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- optimized 4K signals and video transmission with ultra-low loss up to 6 GHz
- proven to maintain controlled impedance at 75 ohms
- outstanding EMI shielding effectiveness for less RF interference among electronics
- superior protection against extreme temperatures, weather, abrasion, more
- significant weight savings with smaller, lighter weight construction
- easier routing with more flexibility and tighter bend radius
- exceed stringent military requirements and meet SMPTE standards
- reduced operating costs due to longer product life
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Coaxial Cables for defense land systems.
|Maximum Frequency GHz||6|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||75 ± 2|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 420|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||83|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.0 (1.26)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||53.2 (16.2)|
|Shielding Effectiveness dB through 2 MHz||> 420|
|Nominal Dielectric Constant||1.4|
|Typical Attenuationa dB/30 m (100 ft)
at 3 GHz
at 6 GHz
|Mechanical /Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Braid Shielding||Silver-Plated Copper|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE|
|Conductor Plating||Silver-Plated Copper|
|Temperature Range °C||-55 to +200|
a. Attenuation values are based on the maximum recommended use lengths.
PART NUMBER & DRAWING
We invite you to download our drawing to view cable specifications, like diameter sizes and more.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry coaxial cable standards and our customers’ requirements.
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- EN4604-003: Cable Characteristics for Signal Transmission
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- MIL-C-17G: Cables, Radio Frequency, Flexible and Semi-Rigid
- SMPTE 292M: Bit-Serial Digital Interface for High Definition Television (HDTV)
- SMPTE 424M: 3 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
- SMPTE 2081-1: 6 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
- SMPTE 2082-1: 12 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface for HDTV
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE COAXIAL CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Our lightweight coaxial cables at 75 ohms are a proven reliable replacement for standard legacy RG alternatives in 4K video interface systems. For more information or to discuss the specific needs and requirements of your defense land vehicle application, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to purchase our product, contact our trusted distributor for in-stock availability.
Posted September 14, 2021
Gore announced today several of its next-generation data cable products for aerospace and defense applications have earned an important qualification. The prestigious VG designation from the Bundeswehr, Germany’s unified armed forces as well as related civilian administrative and procurement organizations, is expected to facilitate further adoption of these cables for military use.
Posted September 10, 2021
Gore announced the expansion of its Coaxial Cables line for defense land system applications. The new product is smaller and lighter than previous offerings, yet capable of transmitting ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K video with excellent shielding from radio frequency interference.
Posted April 26, 2021
Gore announced today it was named a Silver Supplier for exceptional performance and contributions to supply chain success in 2020 by BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems sector.
GORE® PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies Honored, Set Gold Standard with Industry Innovators Award
Posted September 16, 2020
W. L. Gore & Associates announced that its GORE® PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies were recognized among the 2020 Military & Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards. An esteemed and experienced panel of judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Gore as a Gold honoree. These assemblies are being recognized for their durability and reliability for precision testing of electronic warfare (EW) / radar suites; electronic surveillance/counter measures; radar warning systems; missile approach warning systems; and navigation/communication systems.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Flex Cable Assemblies for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial and Defense Applications
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems