+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
TROUBLE-FREE INSTALLATION IN TIGHT VEHICLE AREAS.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 572.14 KB
A rugged, compact design supports these 120-ohm controlled impedance cables from W. L. Gore & Associates for routing and operation where space is limited and conditions are severe. They’re suitable for faster avionics and vectronics digital networks delivering reliable high-speed data transmission up to 1 GHz.
Seconds matter during any military operation, so soldiers must receive vital Intel in time or risk jeopardizing the mission and their safety. With cables being a key component in systems, they have to transmit data as fast as possible on vectronics digital networks no matter the circumstances.
Built for speed and accuracy, GORE CAN Bus Cables reliably send high-quality signals for secure data transmission up to 1 GHz. They maintain controlled impedance at 120 ohms in whatever conditions they encounter in the field. The reason is their unique multi-layer construction that provides versatile protection to shield wires from extreme impact. Our cables can endure low-to-high temperatures, severe weather, repeated vibration, harsh contaminants and more.
FAST, TROUBLE-FREE ROUTING
A smaller design is essential for routing and installation where space is limited. Our CAN Bus cables are 40% smaller than alternative designs, which makes them fundamentally lighter. A smaller diameter also means improved flexibility and reduced bend radius for quick routing and installation without any trouble. Maintainers will also like that our cables have a unique inverted dielectric that makes wire prep and insertion in smaller connector systems much easier.
When put to the test, GORE CAN Bus cables for defense land systems maintain stable communications on vectronics digital networks over the vehicle lifetime. Ultimately, troops gain a decisive edge in volatile situations because they can rely on electronic systems with cables that won’t fail.
Compact footprint of GORE CAN Bus Cables
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
GORE CAN Bus Cables are suitable for today’s faster vectronics digital networks and other applications requiring secure, accurate high-speed data transfer, like:
- controller area network
- data links
- digital video systems
- electronic diagnostics
- mission systems
- serial buses
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 and 22D contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE CAN Bus Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- compact footprint with smaller diameters and inverted dielectric design
- improved flexibility with reduced bend radius
Our cables provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- high-quality signals for fast, secure data transmission up to 1 GHz
- proven controlled impedance at 120 ohms
- versatile protection against extreme mechanical/environmental impact
- size and weight savings with 40% smaller diameters than alternative designs
- trouble-free routing with improved flexibility and reduced bend radius
- easier wire prep/insertion in smaller connector systems due to inverted dielectric
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE CAN Bus Cables for defense land systems.
|Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||120 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.0 (12.8)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper/SPC Alloy|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
PART NUMBERS & DRAWINGS
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight, and attenuation values.
GORE CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- VG95218-31: Performance Requirements (GSC-03-84793-VG)
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
- SAE J1128™: Low Voltage Primary Cable
- SAE J1939™: Serial Control and Communications Heavy Duty Vehicle Network
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE CAN BUS CABLES OR ORDER NOW
With a unique inverted dielectric, Gore’s controlled-impedance cables deliver fast, secure communications on the battleground. Find out if our cables are the right fit for your application by ordering our selected prequalified samples, which will arrive within 48 hours. To find out more or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today. Contact one of our authorized distributors when you’re ready to place an order.
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
Posted April 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced that last week it was one of 13 companies to win a “Partner 2 Win” Supplier of the Year award from BAE Systems for Gore’s high-performance cabling supporting countermeasure and electromagnetic defense solutions. In addition, Gore also received a Silver Supplier Award for best-in-class performance and contributions to supply chain success.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems