+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
ENSURE EWIS RELIABILITY WITH DURABLE, LIGHT WIRES.
Military ground forces are contemplating vehicle electrification to simplify maintenance and reduce logistical problems associated with fossil fuels. But, electrification means increasing voltages to avoid weight gain in wiring systems. On the other hand, higher voltages put more electrical stress on wires and risk physical damage. Luckily, W. L. Gore & Associates is on duty to solve these challenges with an optimal solution.
OPTIMAL WIRE SOLUTION FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES
As armed forces begin electrifying combat and transport vehicles to streamline maintenance and reduce carbon footprint, wire insulation must be durable enough to safeguard system reliability, functionality and safety at higher voltages. But, alternative insulation materials tend to degrade over time after exposure to harsh conditions. You can add extra insulation for more durability, but it makes wire bundles bigger and heavier, which adds more weight to electric vehicles (EV).
Gore solves these issues by offering an optimal wire solution that OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and program managers want and need for future vehicle electrification.
LONG-TERM DURABILITY & EWIS RELIABILITY
GORE High Performance Wires offer the best combination of superior mechanical strength and outstanding electrical reliability without adding size and weight. They meet higher mechanical and electrical durability levels for military wires operating in extreme environments than alternative materials.
The proof is in our durable material that significantly reduces the risk of insulation damage and voltage breakdown over time in EWIS (electrical wire interconnection systems). We manufacture our rugged wires with low-permittivity material that guarantees higher PDIV/PDEV for improved electrical durability.
Chemically inert and non-flammable, they won’t ever degrade after coming in contact with harsh chemicals or humidity. Our high-strength wires even resist chafing, abrasion and cut-through over wide temperatures.
Plus, our lightweight wires are highly flexible, which not only eases routing in confined spaces but won’t increase wire bundle size or add extra weight to EVs.
Why waste time and money adding more wire insulation that won’t last for long and weighs down your EV. Choose GORE High Performance Wires to increase your EV readiness, ensure EWIS reliability, improve safety and reduce total costs.
Compare GORE High Performance Wires against other wiring materials to better understand critical attributes and overall performance.
Note that current wiring solutions either contain polyimide or show limitations in physical and electrical properties. The yellow squares indicate good overall abrasion test results. But, the underlying polyimide is quickly exposed, which risks degradation, arc tracking and more. Any Improvements to these materials are likely to involve increasing wire size and weight.
We also invite you to download our data sheet for more performance comparison data.
|Critical Attributes||Extruded Fluoropolymer (XLETFE)||PTFE/Polyimide Composite||Gore Engineered Fluoropolymer (EFP)|
|Long-Term Material Stability||■||■||■|
Green = Acceptable/Good
Yellow = Concern/Uncertainty
Red = Unacceptable/Low Performance
Features & Benefits
GORE High Performance Wires are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- temperature-resilient material
- abrasion- and cut-through resistant material
- chemically inert, non-flammable material
- low-permittivity material
- hydrophobic, non-hydrolyzing material
Our reliable wires provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- high-strength insulation resists chafing, abrasion and cut-through over temperatures
- Repel hazardous chemicals and fire for increased safety and improved system performance
- proven higher PDIV/PDEV and higher voltage breakdown for improved electrical durability
- no material degradation over time guarantees longer product life
- greater EWIS reliability, increased vehicle availability and reduced total costs
- increased future-proofing with wires that can withstand higher voltage requirements
- selected samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
For more information about the features and benefits of our wires or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
GORE High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ASTM D3032: Test Methods for Hookup Wire Insulation
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
For available test data and more information about the qualifications of our wires, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE HIGH PERFORMANCE WIRES OR ORDER NOW
With proven long-term durability and EWIS reliability, our military-grade wires offer OEMs and program managers what they want and need for future vehicle electrification. For more information and to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
Posted September 14, 2021
Gore announced today several of its next-generation data cable products for aerospace and defense applications have earned an important qualification. The prestigious VG designation from the Bundeswehr, Germany’s unified armed forces as well as related civilian administrative and procurement organizations, is expected to facilitate further adoption of these cables for military use.
Posted September 10, 2021
Gore announced the expansion of its Coaxial Cables line for defense land system applications. The new product is smaller and lighter than previous offerings, yet capable of transmitting ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K video with excellent shielding from radio frequency interference.
Posted April 26, 2021
Gore announced today it was named a Silver Supplier for exceptional performance and contributions to supply chain success in 2020 by BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems sector.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems