+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
Data Sheets, 1.18 MB
From cockpit displays to in-flight entertainment, high-resolution video is essential for modern aircraft. GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Aircraft from W. L. Gore & Associates are crafted to the highest standards to deliver excellent signal quality and dependable performance in challenging radar environments. Our DVI aviation cables are built strong, yet offer a light, flexible design for simple installation, reliable performance and lasting strength.
Today's data-intensive aircraft requirements are pushing the need for cables that can stream data and video reliably at higher speeds in airborne digital video interface (DVI) systems. Cables must also meet stringent industry requirements necessary for reliable performance in DVI systems operating in demanding radar environments. But, engineers often face the challenge of designing harnesses with digital components that turn out to be insufficient for harsh aerospace environments.
Standard DIV harness cross-section
Optimal Viewing on Displays
GORE DVI Cables are designed specifically for the digital component of airborne DVI systems. Our single-link cables deliver exceptional signal quality supporting the highest video resolution for optimal viewing on aircraft displays. Unlike many substitutes, our cables meet strict requirements for impedance control, insertion loss, skew, and EMI shielding — providing stable performance in demanding radar environments.
Easy Fit into Standard Harness Designs
Our cables make it easier for design engineers to use them in standard DVI harnesses. They're smaller, lighter weight, and more flexible without sacrificing durability compared to alternatives. So you can fit them easily into a harness cross-section with other components, and they won’t get damaged or break.
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- cockpit displays
- flight management systems
- in-flight entertainment (IFE)
- weather mapping
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- single-link configuration built specifically for digital component of DVI systems
- exceptional signal quality for high-speed data/video transmission
- support highest resolution on aircraft displays for optimal viewing
- meet strict requirements for impedance control, insertion loss, skew, EMI shielding
- robust protection and stable performance in demanding radar environments
- easily fit into standard DVI harnesses with small, lightweight, flexible designs
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only).
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||<15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||40.0 (12.0)|
|Maximum Skew ps/m (ps/ft)
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Sliver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/White, Brown/White, Green/White, Orange/White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view cable characteristics, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and insertion loss.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE DVI Cables (Digital Only) have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
Posted June 16, 2022
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced a new higher-frequency 40Ghz option for its GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies. The new option will help EW and C5ISR users and customers who want to transport electrical signals reliably with minimal size, weight and power. The newest capability for GORE-FLIGHT Microwave Assemblies will allow for higher frequency applications that will offer low loss, high integrity and greater longevity cables.
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
December 7, 2021 - December 8, 2021
Visit our Booth F16 to tell us about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and hear more about our solutions for the civil aerospace industry. We’re looking forward to meeting and talking in person again after so long!
November 15, 2021 - November 17, 2021
We’re excited to be able to meet and talk in person again after so many virtual meetings! Stop by Booth 609 to talk with us about your latest aviation and airframe system developments. And you don’t want to miss our latest Fiber Optic Cables Demonstration, so come by and ask to see it.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Civil Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Civil Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Civil Aircraft
- USB Cables for Civil Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Civil Aircraft
- Cable Protection Systems for Civil Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Civil Aircraft