+1 800 356 4622
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION & DURABLE PROTECTION.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 95.19 KB
For packaging sensitive copper wires and fiber optics, W. L. Gore & Associates brings an outer jacket system built with crush- and abrasion-resistant materials proven to protect against the harshest conditions from installation, maintenance and operation.
SUPERIOR LEVELS OF PROTECTION
Military OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and system suppliers are now demanding better protection for cables connected to vectronics. But, they also want cables packaged in thinner, lighter materials to save valuable weight in vehicles.
Engineered with extremely durable materials resistant to crushing and abrasion, GORE Cable Protection Systems provide some of the highest levels of protection available in the industry. We designed them for packaging GORE High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives.
Our cable jacket systems are durable enough to tolerate in-vehicle conditions, like complicated routing in cramped electrical systems, constant vibration, harmful chemicals, and harsh fuels and oils. They also defend against demanding land environments, like extreme weather changes with hot and cold temperatures, hard rain, sand, mud and more.
During installation in cable runs and sharp edges in vehicles, our cable jacket systems allow copper wires and fiber optics to float freely without getting damaged or failing. They’re also highly flexible, offering tighter bend capability without exceeding the minimum bend radius compared to alternative designs.
These thinner, lighter jacket systems contribute to weight savings as well, lending space for other vital systems and equipment in military vehicles. Overall, installers will find it much easier and faster to route wires and fiber wrapped in our jacket systems without over-bending or breaking them in tight configurations.
When you want copper wires and fiber optics that are routable and fit for duty, package them with GORE Cable Protection Systems for ultimate protection, hassle-free installation, weight savings and less maintenance.
Features & Benefits
GORE Cable Protection Systems are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- abrasion-resistant, crush-resistant and chemically inert materials
- thinner, lighter weight jacket design
- maximum flexibility with tighter bending capability
Our jacket systems provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- superior levels of durability and protection than alternative designs
- resist crushing, abrasion, and other harsh land and in-vehicle conditions
- allow copper and fiber to move freely within the jacket system without damage or failure
- hassle-free routing due to high flexibility and tighter bending without exceeding MBR
- thinner, lighter jacket design saves valuable weight in vehicles
- designed for packaging GORE High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
- compatible with M85049/88 connector backshells, adaptors and similar banding platform backshells
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable protection systems, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Cable Protection Systems for defense land systems.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Jacket Color||Black with Violet Stripes|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +260|
PART NUMBERS & DRAWINGS
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable jacket characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight and minimum bend radii.
GORE Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- SAE AS81914™/1-6: Plastic Convoluted Tubing Requirements
For more information about the qualifications of our cable protection systems, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE CABLE PROTECTION SYSTEMS OR ORDER NOW
Our durable jacket systems meet vehicle OEM and system supplier demands for higher levels of protection. To find out more or discuss your specific military application needs, contact a Gore representative today. Or, place your order now by reaching out to one of our authorized distributors.
We also invite you to view Termination Instructions for our cable protection systems with M85049/88 connector backshells and adapters, as well as backshells with a similar banding platform.
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
Posted April 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced that last week it was one of 13 companies to win a “Partner 2 Win” Supplier of the Year award from BAE Systems for Gore’s high-performance cabling supporting countermeasure and electromagnetic defense solutions. In addition, Gore also received a Silver Supplier Award for best-in-class performance and contributions to supply chain success.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems