+1 800 356 4622
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
HIGHEST PROTECTION FOR COPPER CABLES IN NARROW SEATS.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
Data Sheets, 346.4 KB
From lifetime mechanical protection to straightforward, expedited installation in aircraft and armed vehicles, W. L. Gore & Associates offers state-of-the-art cable technology. This pioneering cable jacket with added ruggedness is lighter, thinner and more flexible with tighter bending.
PROVEN SUPERIOR DURABILITY
Military standards now require high-speed copper cables connected to mission systems to meet new, more stringent durability requirements. But, adding more durability often includes thicker, heaver cable materials that can weigh vehicles down. Plus, bulky cables can be stiff, inflexible and hard to route in narrow pathways, especially in seats.
Gore offers a true, one-of-a-kind jacket for packaging high data rate cables that meets both new and existing standards without sacrificing size, weight or signal transmission performance.
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket features a revolutionary fluoropolymer that meets EN3475-503 requirements. With our durable jacket, you no longer have to use additional protective sleeving now required for copper wires installed in vehicle seats.
Using SAE AS4373™, Method 703, we compared our 100-ohm quadrax cables wrapped with our abrasion-resistant jacket against alternatives. As we expected, the results were undeniable! Our rugged cable jacket drastically outperformed PFA and FEP materials for superior cut-through resistance at high temperatures without cracking, splitting or breaking.
Cut-Through Resistance at High Temperatures
THINNER, LIGHTER & MORE FLEXIBLE
Another bonus is that our state-of-the-art materials technology is thinner, lighter weight and more flexible with tighter bendability than commonly used materials. Maintainers will find that routing copper wires and cables packaged with our jacket improves installation in tight configurations.
Solve all typical installation and operational challenges with a rugged cable jacket that promises all-around, lifetime mechanical protection. Select GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for packaging your copper wires supporting the latest high speed data protocols, like HDMI and more.
Features & Benefits
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket is engineered with unique features that make it more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- revolutionary fluoropolymer fiber material unmatched in the industry
- abrasion-resistant, cut-through resistant and chemically inert material
- thinner, lighter weight, highly flexible jacket design
Our cable jacket provides vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- meets strict EN3475-503 and SAE AS4373™ requirements for added durability
- superior abrasion- and cut-through-resistance at high temps than other materials
- eliminates the need for protective sleeving required for copper cables
- allows copper wires to transmit high-speed data reliably in intended application
- saves weight and expedites installation because of thinner, lighter material
- simplifies routing in narrow seat structures due to more flexibility, tighter bending
- ideal for packaging GORE High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable jacket, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for defense land systems.
|Transmission Speed Gb||Up to 18|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||230.0 (70.0)|
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||15.0 (4.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer Fiber Braid|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper/SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White,
Brown/White, Green/White, Red/White
Singles: Orange, Violet, White, Yellow
Triad: Gray, Pink, Tan
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Cut-Through Resistance kg (lb) (SAE AS4373-703)
|Scrape Abrasion Resistance Cycles (EN3475-503)
30°C & 55°C/F 1.2 daN
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
PART NUMBER & DRAWING
We invite you to download our drawing for GORE HDMI Cables, 2.0 version packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket to view characteristics, like diameter size, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9195||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38)
Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)
GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems has undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure it meets the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cable jacket, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE ABRASION RESISTANT CABLE JACKET OR ORDER NOW
High data rate copper wires supporting protocols like HDMI 2.0 packaged with GORE Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket is the only proven reliable solution when the military wants the highest abrasion- and cut-through resistance. For more information or to discuss your specific characteristic limits and application needs, contact a Gore defense land systems representative today. Or, place your order now by reaching out to a trusted distributor.
Posted August 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) will present a new Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) technical paper at the Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering & Technology Symposium & Modernization Update (GVSETS) on Tuesday, August 15, in Novi, Mich.
April 26, 2023 - April 29, 2023
Stop by Booth 1023 and ask to see our demonstrations to watch how GORE® Cables and Materials perform reliably before and after installation and over time. We’re also eager to hear about your latest airframe and aviation system developments and talk with you about our solutions to ensure mission performance and aircrew protection for FARA, FLRAA and enduring fleet.
Posted April 18, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today its new Cat8 ethernet cable for use in aerospace and defense platforms. The new Cat8 ethernet cable allows for four times the high-speed data transmission previously possible.
Posted April 11, 2023
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced that last week it was one of 13 companies to win a “Partner 2 Win” Supplier of the Year award from BAE Systems for Gore’s high-performance cabling supporting countermeasure and electromagnetic defense solutions. In addition, Gore also received a Silver Supplier Award for best-in-class performance and contributions to supply chain success.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Air & Land
- Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems