As the military industry is demanding faster digital networks with increased performance, cables need to provide more reliable signal integrity and transfer data at higher speeds to ensure critical Intel is received in real time. Also, the industry is moving away from proprietary networks to open-source architectures and standardized protocols, like Ethernet.
GORE Ethernet Cables exceed Cat6a electrical requirements and deliver excellent signal integrity with sufficient margin for high-speed data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s). With proven EMI shielding performance, they improve signal integrity and reduce RF interference at higher frequencies among multiple electronic systems. Our Cat6a version is approved to SAE AS6070™ standards and on the Qualified Products List (QPL).
Smaller Cat6a cable diameter
Small, Lightweight Package
Our Cat6a version has a design that is 24% smaller and 25% lighter than standard Cat6a cables without compromising durability or signal integrity. This smaller cable diameter also allows for more flexibility and a tighter bend radius for easier routing in confined areas.
You can also reduce additional signal amplification in your system architecture because of the superior electrical performance of our cables, decreasing weight and power requirements even more.
Proven Installed Performance
We designed a simulator to evaluate the effects of severe bending on interconnects while being routed through a vehicle. Results proved that our Ethernet Cat6a version delivered lower signal attenuation and reduced crosstalk before/after installation compared to alternative cables.
Ultimately, our Ethernet Cat6a cables enable you to optimize system performance, simplify routing, save weight in vehicles, reduce maintenance and downtime, and decrease overall costs.
High-density construction of GORE Ethernet Cables
GORE Ethernet Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- data storage
- digital camera / vision systems
- Ethernet backbone
- high-definition streaming video
- radar systems
- radio / communications systems
- vehicle networks / management systems
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Ethernet Cables provide system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- excellent signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s)
- exceed electrical requirements for Cat6a protocol
- less RF interference at higher frequencies with proven EMI shielding performance
- proven lower signal attenuation and reduced crosstalk before/after installation
- robust construction tolerates harsh conditions, like fluctuating temperatures and rigorous installation
- significant weight savings with compact design that is 24% smaller and 25% lighter
- less need for additional signal amplification, further reducing weight/power requirements
- easier routing in tight spaces due to greater flexibility and tighter bend radius
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Ethernet Cables.
Download the catalog/data sheets to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper or Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Solid Blue/White with Blue Stripe
Solid Orange/White with Orange Stripe
Solid Green/White with Green Stripe
Solid Brown/White with Brown Stripe
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
GORE Ethernet Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet stringent specifications of the most current military standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI/TIA 568-C.2: Performance Requirements
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239 and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005): Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I, BSS7230, and ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005): Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V, BSS7238, and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B): Smoke Density
- IEEE 802.3 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Standard
- SAE AS6070™/5 & /6: Ethernet 1000-Base T (10 G/bit, 100 Ohm); QPL (RCN9034-24 / RCN9047-26)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
Cable Routing Simulator
Gore has been a long-time supporter of testing our products extensively to show how reliably they perform in real-world conditions before launching them to market. So, we designed a cable routing simulator to evaluate the effects of severe bending on our cables while being routed through a vehicle’s structure.
Testing characteristics such as return loss and crosstalk after routing through the simulator verifies whether a cable can withstand complex installation challenges that can degrade signal integrity and lead to failures over time. Now, manufacturers and maintainers can be sure they’re getting a robust Ethernet cable that delivers superior performance before/after installation and over the vehicle’s lifetime.
Download the catalog/data sheets for more detailed information about our cable routing simulator and results of our testing.
Gore announces a new, game-changing cable option for tethered drones used in the military and commercial applications.
Gore will be showcasing high-performance GORE® Cables and Materials and next-gen GORE® Military Fabrics at the 2018 AUSA (Association of US Army Meeting & Exposition) in Washington, DC on October 8-10, Booth 3115.
Stop by Booth C-707 at this year’s Defence Vehicle Dynamics (DVD) event to look at the latest Gore high-performance solutions for those involved in the equipment and support of the UK’s Land Forces.