+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
ENSURE CRITICAL, REAL-TIME INTEL AT ALL TIMES DURING OPERATIONS.
Data Sheets, 819.67 KB
Modern vectronics and carry-on equipment rely on cables to deliver fast, accurate Intel and uphold communication to ensure operational readiness, success and safety. As a trusted partner to ground forces, W. L. Gore & Associates offers a reliable coiled cable for high-speed data and video transfer that repeatedly outperforms conventional substitutes. Our custom coiled cable features a durable, compact design that defends against extreme combat conditions while reducing vehicle weight and equipment load and enhancing soldier comfort
FAST INTEL & CLEAR COMMUNICATION
On the battlefield, military units rely heavily on coiled cables attached to vectronics and soldier-worn equipment to deliver real-time Intel and uphold secure communication. These cables are essential to the success of every operation, so they must never fail.
Backed by decades of proven reliability, GORE Coiled Cables offer more advantages over conventional alternatives when it comes to speed, durability and flexibility. They deliver real-time Intel and maintain secure on-the-move communication so troops can make informed tactical decisions based on optimal situational awareness.
Gore’s custom coiled cables deliver secure radio communication during operations.
We offer two versions of our military coiled cable that can be customized to meet your exact ground defense application needs and requirements:
- High-Speed Data/Video: This version significantly improves signal integrity and speed by transmitting data and video up to 10 Gb/s without failure in modern vectronics and soldier-worn equipment.
- Radio Communications: For years, the military has used this version in more than 35,000 radio systems. Soldiers trust them to keep the lines of communication secure and open at all times during operations.
MORE DURABILITY & COMFORT
We build our harsh-environment coiled cable using engineered fluoropolymer materials to handle extreme wear and tear, which means they’ll last longer in hostile environments. They’re proven to defend against tough terrain, changing weather, fluctuating temperatures, harsh chemicals, repeated shock and vibration and more. These combat-ready coiled cables also effectively shield wires from RF interference among critical systems and equipment.
Even so, our rugged coiled cable still offers more weight savings and higher flexibility than traditional substitutes. It’s 24% smaller and 25% lighter to reduce vehicle weight and equipment load and enhance soldier comfort. This highly flexible coiled cable expands to desired lengths and effortlessly retracts back to its original form, minimizing stress on fragile wires. Soldiers can easily connect our cable to vehicular radio systems and carry-on equipment or even weave them inside their uniforms.
The military continues to rely on GORE Coiled Cables over conventional alternatives for delivering the speed, durability, reliability and comfort necessary to ensure mission readiness, success and safety.
Rugged, lightweight design of GORE Coiled Cables (High-Speed Data/Video).
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
We thoroughly test and qualify GORE Coiled Cables for Defense Land Systems according to rigorous industry standards, like VG95218-11. Our mil-spec cable brings long-term durability and reliability in a variety of vehicular and solider-worn applications, like:
- Augmented reality solutions
- Digital camera/video systems
- Helmet-mounted displays
- Mission/radar systems
- Radio/communications systems
- Soldier-worn systems
- Tactical links
- Telescopic masts for optronics
- Vetronics digital networks
- Manpack radio systems
- Soldier-worn systems
- Tactical handsets/headsets
- Vehicular radio systems
Our defense coiled cables can also be terminated with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells, allowing designers to choose the best option for every application.
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Coiled Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- chemically inert and EMI shielding materials
- compact, highly flexible cable construction
Our military-grade coiled cables provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- reliable signals for high-speed data/video transmission up to 10 Gbps
- secure, clear on-the-move communication among military units
- excellent shielding effectiveness for less RF interference among systems
- rugged protection against terrain, weather, temperatures, vibration and more
- less weight and more comfort with 24% smaller and 25% lighter cable design
- highly flexible expanding to desired lengths and retracting to original form without effort
- proven long-term product life compared to conventional coiled cables
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Coiled Cables (High-Speed Data/Video) for defense land systems.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Thermoplastic Elastomer|
|Jacket Color||Black (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper or SPC Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Solid Blue & White / Blue Stripe
Solid Orange & White / Orange Stripe
Solid Green & White / Green Stripe
Solid Brown & White / Brown Stripe
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-40 to +100|
To customize our coiled cables for high-speed data and video transfer or radio communications based on your precise electrical requirements, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE COILED CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Trusted by the armed forces for decades, our custom coiled cables for high-speed data/video and radio communications prove to be a reliable replacement for conventional substitutes. For more information and to discuss your specific military ground application needs and place an order, contact a Gore representative today.
We invite you to learn more about our entire portfolio of high-performance solutions for defense land systems, including high data rate cables, microwave coaxial assemblies and tethered drone cables.
Data Sheets, 535.03 KB
April 3, 2022 - April 5, 2022
Come by Booth 305 to watch demonstrations so you can see the durability and flexibility of GORE® Aerospace Cables and Materials and how they continually outperform leading alternatives before and after installation and over time.
Posted September 14, 2021
Gore announced today several of its next-generation data cable products for aerospace and defense applications have earned an important qualification. The prestigious VG designation from the Bundeswehr, Germany’s unified armed forces as well as related civilian administrative and procurement organizations, is expected to facilitate further adoption of these cables for military use.
Posted September 10, 2021
Gore announced the expansion of its Coaxial Cables line for defense land system applications. The new product is smaller and lighter than previous offerings, yet capable of transmitting ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K video with excellent shielding from radio frequency interference.
Posted April 26, 2021
Gore announced today it was named a Silver Supplier for exceptional performance and contributions to supply chain success in 2020 by BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems sector.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial & Defense
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Performance Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems