The defense sector’s need for fast data/video transfer is driving the demand to update aircraft with higher data rate cables to ensure mission success. Cables also need to be much stronger to tolerate difficult aircraft environments without breaking or failing.
We offer specialty versions of GORE Quad Cables with tighter skew requirements that are perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data and video protocols. Our dual differential pairs routinely transfer bi-directional signals while maintaining data and video speeds up to 1 GHz at lengths up to 30 m (100 ft).
Reduced Cable Size, Durable Materials
Reduced cable design
We’re the original architect of this innovative quadrax cable design. When compared to dual twisted pair constructions, our quadrax design is significantly smaller — by around 40% — yet remarkably strong. Our design is also lighter weight and has saved more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft. This smaller diameter also increases flexibility with a tight bend radius, making it easier for maintainers to route our cables in crowded areas surrounding aircraft electronic systems.
Remarkably strong materials of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions)
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (electro-optical infrared) sensors
- Ethernet backbone
- flight control
- mission systems
- propulsion control
- video networks
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- routinely transfer bi-directional signals with controlled impedance at speeds up to 1 GHz
- low-skew performance aligned with high-speed serial data/video protocols
- remarkably strong materials reliably protect against extreme environments
- unique quadrax design is 40% smaller than dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proven to save more than 5.0 kg (11 lb) per aircraft
- simpler routing in crowded areas due to more flexibility and smaller bend radius
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions).
|Standard Impedance (Ohms)||100 ± 5||100 ± 10||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||< 15||< 15||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||> 80||> 80||> 80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)||4.23 (1.29)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||50.0 (15.2)||39.4 (12.0)||42.7 (13.0)|
|Minimum Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT) (dB)
|Maximum Skew Within Pair ps/m (ps/ft)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue/Red, Green/Yellow||Blue/Orange, Green/Red||Black/Blue, Green/White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200||-55 to +200||-55 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawing
Download the drawings to view cable characteristics like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius and insertion loss.
GORE Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- IEEE 802.3: Ethernet 1000BASE-T
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Gore will be attending this invitation-only forum to exhibit GORE® Aerospace Cables that ensure aircraft survivability and warfighter readiness and safety.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (Gore) has announced that complimentary samples of GORE® Tethered Drone Cables are now available with short lead times and can be shipped within two business days from the date of the request. Ideal for prototyping and evaluation, samples are available in 16-, 20- and 24-AWG configurations, with length options of 5, 10 and 15 feet.
Come by Booth 103 at this year’s symposiums to check out Gore’s advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications.
Gore will be featuring their selection of advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Cribbins and Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Symposiums in Huntsville, Alabama on November 13-16, Booth 103.