+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
WELL-SUITED FOR WIRE & CABLE HARNESS APPLICATIONS.
Vehicle systems require wires and cables that can deliver the highest performance no matter the conditions on land during critical operations. W. L. Gore & Associates offers various solutions that fulfill that need while reducing weight, installation complexities and overall costs. Our products meet and even exceed industry requirements for vectronics digital networks, mission systems, signals intelligence, digital camera/video systems and more.
EXCELLENT SIGNAL INTEGRITY
In any military operation, cables must transfer critical data at the highest speeds and maintain stable communications on vectronics digital networks. Otherwise, the entire mission and the safety of soldiers can be at risk. Cables must also balance ruggedness with smaller, lighter designs to fit in space-restricted areas and keep vehicle weight down.
Inside GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables, low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) maintain excellent signal integrity with controlled impedance, providing data transmission speeds up to 1 GHz. Regardless of the conditions inside or outside vehicles, soldiers can count on our cables’ reliable performance. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction allows for a higher tolerance against environmental factors and mechanical stresses, like changing climate zones, vibration and rigorous routing.
BIG WEIGHT SAVINGS
We build our shielded twisted pair cables in a low-profile design that’s 30% smaller, reducing their weight by as much as 50% compared to standard oval cables. If you compare our design side by side with alternative round designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller. Plus, our cables work well in wire and cable harness applications because of their flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of vehicles.
When you want a durable, lightweight, high-speed solution with total reliability during every mission, look no further than GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for defense land systems.
Durable package of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
PROVEN PERFORMANCE ACROSS MILITARY APPLICATIONS
With trustworthy high-speed data transmission, GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are well-suited for wire and cable harness applications, like:
- digital camera/video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- high-density connectors
- LVDS devices
- sensor/processor Interconnect
- serial buses
- vectronics digital networks
Our cables can also be terminated with a variety of leading high-speed connector systems and backshells, like ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with differential Twinax sizes 8 and 22D contacts. If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today.
Features & Benefits
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and in-vehicle conditions, including:
- chemically inert, temperature- and abrasion-resistant materials
- low-profile configuration with smaller diameters
- high flexibility and tighter bend radius
Our cables provide vehicle system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- reliable LVDS maintain excellent signal integrity with controlled impedance at 100 ohms
- unfailing data transmission at speeds up to 1 GHz
- durable construction tolerates harsh conditions, like weather, cut-through, vibration, more
- reduced diameter size by 30% and weight by as much as 50% than standard oval cables
- greater flexibility and routability for easier, faster installation
- compatible with a variety of high-speed connector systems and backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for defense land systems. For other impedance options, contact a Gore representative.
|Transmission Speed GHz||Up to 1|
|Standard Impedance Ohms||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage V||< 15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation %||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage Vrms
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Materiala||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper/SPC Alloy|
|Dielectric Material||Expanded PTFE/PTFE|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +200|
aGore’s part number GSC-03-85203-VG includes a PU halogen-free jacket.
PART NUMBERS & DRAWINGS
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight, minimum bend radii and insertion loss values.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Land Systems have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- VG95218-31: Performance Requirements (GSC-03-85203-VG)
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE SHIELDED TWISTED PAIR CABLES OR ORDER NOW
Smaller, lighter and stronger than alternatives, Gore’s controlled-impedance cables prove reliable in transmitting high speed data. Confirm the quality of our cables and their compatibility in your application by ordering our selected prequalified samples shipped within 48 hours. For more information or to discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to order, connect with one of our authorized distributors for in-stock availability.
Posted September 14, 2021
Gore announced today several of its next-generation data cable products for aerospace and defense applications have earned an important qualification. The prestigious VG designation from the Bundeswehr, Germany’s unified armed forces as well as related civilian administrative and procurement organizations, is expected to facilitate further adoption of these cables for military use.
Posted September 10, 2021
Gore announced the expansion of its Coaxial Cables line for defense land system applications. The new product is smaller and lighter than previous offerings, yet capable of transmitting ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K video with excellent shielding from radio frequency interference.
Posted April 26, 2021
Gore announced today it was named a Silver Supplier for exceptional performance and contributions to supply chain success in 2020 by BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems sector.
GORE® PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies Honored, Set Gold Standard with Industry Innovators Award
Posted September 16, 2020
W. L. Gore & Associates announced that its GORE® PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies were recognized among the 2020 Military & Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards. An esteemed and experienced panel of judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Gore as a Gold honoree. These assemblies are being recognized for their durability and reliability for precision testing of electronic warfare (EW) / radar suites; electronic surveillance/counter measures; radar warning systems; missile approach warning systems; and navigation/communication systems.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Land Systems
- High Flex Cable Assemblies for Defense Land Systems
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Land Systems
- USB Cables for Defense Land Systems
- HDMI Cables for Defense Land Systems
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Land Systems
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Tethered Drone Cables for Commercial and Defense Applications
- Coaxial Cables for Defense Land Systems
- Hook-Up Wires for Defense Land Systems
- Cable Protection Systems for Defense Land Systems
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Land Systems
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Land Systems