In any defense scenario, high-speed data cables must maintain stable communication on avionics networks to ensure the mission and aircrews are never at risk.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables utilize low-voltage differential signals (LVDS) with controlled impedance for data transmission lines at speeds up to 1 GHz. No matter the conditions inside or outside the aircraft, our cables ensure reliable performance for a successful mission every time. That’s because the combination of durable materials in their construction enables a higher tolerance against the harshest environments, like rapid changes in temperatures encountered during take-off and landing.
SAVE WEIGHT WITH GORE CABLE TECHNOLOGY
Our shielded twisted pair cables work well in aerospace harness applications because of their high flexibility and easy routability in hard-to-reach places of airframes. The low-dielectric cable configuration is 30% smaller, which reduces overall weight by as much as 50% when compared to standard configurations. If you compare our design side by side with alternative designs, you’ll see that our cable is drastically smaller.
Our cables’ superior electrical performance can also reduce the need for additional signal amplification in your system architecture, decreasing weight and power requirements even more.
Durable construction of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of aircraft applications, including:
- avionics networks
- cabin management systems
- digital video systems
- Ethernet backbone
- LVDS devices
- serial buses
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- reliable LVDS with controlled impedance for high-speed data transfer up to 1 GHz
- durable construction protects against harsh conditions, like rapid temperatures
- low-profile configuration reduces size by 30% and weight by as much as 50%
- less need for additional signal amplification further reduces weight/power requirements
- highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for easier installation in hard-to-reach places
- compatible with variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems/backshells
- selected pre-qualified samples with short lead times for prototyping and evaluation
- low technical risk based on validated product performance in real-world conditions
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)a||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage (V)||<15|
|Nominal Velocity of Propagation (%)||80|
|Nominal Time Delay ns/m (ns/ft)||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance pF/m (pF/ft)||42.6 (13.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Contact a Gore representative for other impedance options.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers & Drawings
Download the drawings to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
GORE Shielded Twisted Pair Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- RoHS and REACH Information (See data sheet or catalog)
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire (Contact Gore for available data)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation from our authorized global distributors, Air Cost Control (Europe) or WireMasters (US).
Gore will be attending this invitation-only forum to exhibit GORE® Aerospace Cables that ensure aircraft survivability and warfighter readiness and safety.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (Gore) has announced that complimentary samples of GORE® Tethered Drone Cables are now available with short lead times and can be shipped within two business days from the date of the request. Ideal for prototyping and evaluation, samples are available in 16-, 20- and 24-AWG configurations, with length options of 5, 10 and 15 feet.
Come by Booth 103 at this year’s symposiums to check out Gore’s advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications.
Gore will be featuring their selection of advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Cribbins and Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Symposiums in Huntsville, Alabama on November 13-16, Booth 103.