Gore Disk Drive Filtration Technologies
W. L. Gore and Associates, Inc. has been providing integrated particle filtration and adsorbent solutions for the computer industry for over 20 years. Beginning with applications in main frame computers, down through the advent of hard disk drives, Gore has delivered filtration and adsorbent products for all types of drive configurations. Gore introduced clean, high performing, expanded PTFE solutions to the industry and has continued to improve and advance the science behind filtration and adsorbent products in hard disk drives as the demand for smaller, better performing products has continued to evolve.
- GORE® Adsorbent Assembly
- The GORE® Adsorbent Assembly is a peel-and-stick, passive adsorbent part that controls a combination of moisture, acid gasses and organic vapors. The assembly contains adsorbent material interspersed within the porous structure of a membrane; this adsorbent membrane is covered by ultraclean ePTFE membrane to prevent shedding.
- GORE® Adsorbent Box
- The GORE® Adsorbent Box provides complete contamination control in one self-contained package. The ePTFE membrane provides active filtering of particles, and the adsorbent provides active adsorption of hazardous vapors and chemicals from contaminating the disk drive. The diffusion tube provides added protection from outside environmental contaminants.
- GORE® Adsorbent Breather
- The GORE® Adsorbent Breather is a multi-function, peel-and-stick part designed to filter particles, acid gasses and vapor contaminants from an airstream. This product is ideal for controlling contamination in drives that are vented to the atmosphere. The diffusion tube provides added protection from outside environmental contaminants.
- Adsorbent Recirculation Filter
- The GORE® Adsorbent Recirculation Filter provides both chemical vapor and particle removal in one compact, cost-effective package. The filter combines electrostatic media optimized to provide the highest particle clean-up performance with activated carbon to adsorb harmful chemical vapors and protect critical drive components.
- Electrostatic Recirculation Filter
- The GORE® Electrostatic Recirculation Filter is composed of electrostatic filtration media enclosed by protective scrim layers. The electrostatic media provides highly efficient particle clean-up with minimal pressure drop. This filter meets the most stringent cleanliness requirements for organic and ionic contaminant specifications. Design versatility allows GORE® Electrostatic Recirculation Filters to be customized to meet the exact requirements of consumer electronic, mobile, desktop and enterprise drives.