Seconds matter during any military operation, so armed forces need to know they’ll receive vital Intel in time or risk jeopardizing the entire operation and their safety. As cables are the lifeline of electronic systems, they must be able to transmit essential data on mobile digital networks as fast as possible, reliably and accurately, no matter the circumstances to complete the mission successfully.
GORE CAN Bus Cables enable high-quality signals for fast data transmission up to 1 gigahertz (GHz) in demanding conditions. The reason is our innovative cable technology that withstands environments like low/high temperatures, severe weather, harsh contaminants, repeated vibration, and rigorous routing.
COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT FOOTPRINT
Our durable controlled-impedance cables are 18% smaller and up to 50% lighter than standard cables available on the market today. A smaller diameter also means increased flexibility with a tight bend radius, making routing much simpler during installation and maintenance.
When put to the test, our CAN Bus cables maintain stable communications on mobile digital networks for as long as the vehicle remains in service. Ultimately giving troops a decisive edge and the confidence that electronic systems won’t fail during critical missions.
Compact, lightweight footprint of GORE CAN Bus Cables
GORE CAN Bus Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- data links
- digital camera / vision systems
- electronic diagnostics
- high-definition streaming video
- navigational aids
- radar systems
- radio / communications systems
- vehicle networks / management systems
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE CAN Bus Cables provide system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- high-quality signals for fast data transmission up to 1 gigahertz (GHz)
- excellent mechanical/electrical integrity in demanding environments for lifetime performance
- compact design that is 18% smaller and up to 50% lighter than standard cables
- less need for additional signal amplification, further reducing weight/power requirements
- increased flexibility with a tight bend radius for simpler routing in tight spaces
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE CAN Bus Cables.
Download the catalog/data sheets to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||120 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||42.0 (12.8)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Materiala||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper or SPC Alloy (Cadmium-Free)|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Blue and White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-55 to +200|
aContact Gore for other impedance options or a halogen-free jacket version.
GORE CAN Bus Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet stringent specifications of the most current military standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239: Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- SAE J1128: Low Voltage Primary Cable
- SAE J1939: Serial Control and Communications Heavy Duty Vehicle Network
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.