Cables attached to warfighter-worn equipment and vehicle mission systems must perform reliably without losing signal integrity or connectivity. Otherwise, troops won't get the Intel they need in time to make critical decisions in the field. So, cables need to be durable enough to resist harsh environments while also being flexible for ease of use during combat.
GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies boost protection and performance in difficult military conditions, like tough terrain, changing weather patterns, fluctuating temperatures, and severe vibration. With superior shielding effectiveness, they significantly improve signal speed/integrity for reliable data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s). Our rugged assemblies exceed Cat6a electrical requirements and deliver optimal situational awareness without failure so that military units can make fast, accurate tactical decisions using real-time Intel.
SMALLER FORM FACTOR WITH HIGH FLEXIBILITY
Our Cat6a coiled assemblies have a form factor that is 24% smaller and 25% lighter yet more durable compared to conventional coiled cables. Their smaller size also enables maximum flexibility for easy use because they expand to the desired length and retract to original form effortlessly while minimizing stress on wires. They can also be woven into warfighter uniforms on the inside and attached to equipment, like headsets and handsets.
Our assemblies are built specifically to handle extreme wear and tear without affecting their performance, which means they'll last longer in grueling environments. With this high level of protection and performance, our Cat6a coiled assemblies are a premium solution for a wide variety of land-based applications, like digital cameras, navigational aids, radar/radio systems, and tactical tablets.
Rugged design of GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies
GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- data links
- digital camera / vision systems
- high-definition streaming video
- navigational aids
- radar systems
- radio / communications systems
- vehicle networks / management systems
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies provide system architects/engineers and soldiers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- improved signal speed/integrity for reliable data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s)
- exceeds electrical requirements for Cat6a protocol
- superior shielding effectiveness for less RF interference among electronic systems
- unique form factor that is 24% smaller and 25% lighter than conventional coiled cables
- less need for additional signal amplification, further reducing weight/power requirements
- maximum flexibility to expand/retract effortlessly for ease of use
- rugged design that resists harsh conditions, like temperatures, weather, terrain and vibration
- premium solution for a wide variety of soldier-worn/vehicle systems
For more information about the benefits of our assemblies, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies.
Download the catalog/data sheets to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||100 ± 5|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||55.0 (16.8)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Shielding Effectiveness (dB to Max Frequency)||> 55|
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Materiala||Thermoplastic Elastomer|
|Jacket Color||Black (Printed)|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Solid Blue/White with Blue Stripe
Solid Orange/White with Orange Stripe
Solid Green/White with Green Stripe
Solid Brown/White with Brown Stripe
|Temperature Range (°C)||-40 to +100|
a Contact Gore for applications that require a halogen-free version.
GORE High Flex Cable Assemblies have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet stringent specifications of the most current military standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI/TIA 568-C.2: Performance Requirements
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- IEEE 802.3 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Standard
For more information about the qualifications of our assemblies, please contact a Gore representative.