The success of any military operation depends greatly on the flight crew being able to access critical information immediately without any signal interruptions or data glitches. They also need to charge their portable electronic devices as quickly as possible without any delays.
Added Durability for Lifetime Performance
With approved aerospace materials, Gore’s 2.0 and 3.1 versions deliver dependable signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s), ensuring critical Intel is uploaded and downloaded in time. Our cable bundles also support power management from 9-32V systems so that flight crews can charge their devices quickly and easily. Just as important, both versions withstand the harshest aerospace environments because of the added durability in their construction that provides enhanced protection, which means they’ll last for the life of the aircraft.
Long-lasting construction of GORE Aerospace USB Cables, 3.1 version
GORE Aerospace USB Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- content loading
- data transfer
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- portable electronic devices
- power remote devices
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Aerospace USB Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- solid signal integrity for high-speed data transmission up to 10 gigabits (Gb/s)
- instant content uploads and downloads to receive critical intel in time
- superior electrical performance reduces the need for additional signal amplification in any system architecture
- improved power management from 9-32V systems to charge devices quickly and easily
- long-lasting service life due to high-density construction with approved aerospace materials
For more information about the benefits of our cable bundles, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Aerospace USB Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)
90 ± 5
90 ± 10
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.07 (1.24)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]a||50.0 (15.2)|
|Skewa (ps/m [ps/ft]) Within Pair (maximum)||15.0 (4.6)|
Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Shielded twisted pairs only.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/Yellow, Orange/Purple
Low-Speed Pair: White/Green
Power: Red, Black
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Numbers and Drawings
Download the drawings to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN8800-22D-22P-H||Data Pair: 22 (19/34)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-24D-22P-H||Data Pair: 24 (19/34)
Power Pair: 22 (19/34)
|RCN8800-26D-24P-H||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
|GSC-03-84761-24D||Data Pair: 26 (19/38)
Power Pair: 24 (19/36)
GORE Aerospace USB Cables meet the stringent specification requirements of military aircraft. They have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards and our customers' requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239 and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005): Toxicity
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853, Appendix F, Part I (b)(7): Flammability
- CS/FAR Part 25, Section 25.853(a), Change 5/Amdt.25-72 (DOT/FAA/AR-00/12, Chapter 4)
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V, BSS7238, and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B): Smoke Density
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation.
Gore announces a new, game-changing cable option for tethered drones used in the military and commercial applications.
Gore will be showcasing high-performance GORE® Cables and Materials and next-gen GORE® Military Fabrics at the 2018 AUSA (Association of US Army Meeting & Exposition) in Washington, DC on October 8-10, Booth 3115.
Gore will display field-proven and battle-tested technical solutions at the Defence Vehicle Dynamics (DVD) event at the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire, UK on 19-20 September, Booth C-707.