The industry’s need for faster data transmission over longer distances is driving the demand to update military aircraft with higher data rate cables in modern airborne digital networks to ensure the success of critical military operations. Cables also need to be much stronger to tolerate rough aerospace environments and complex routing in less space while delivering consistent signal integrity throughout it all.
High-frequency GORE Aerospace Quad Cables have tighter skew requirements that are perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data protocols. Our low-skew version reliably transfers data at speeds up to 1 gigahertz (GHz) for up to 100 meters.
Smaller Footprint, Lightweight Construction
Smaller Quad Cable Diameter
When compared to common dual twisted pair constructions, Gore's quadrax design is significantly smaller — by approximately 40% — yet extremely rugged. Our design is also lighter weight when compared to standard quad constructions and has saved more than 11 pounds (5.0 kilograms) per aircraft. This smaller diameter also increases flexibility with a tight bend radius making it easier for maintainers to route cables in overcrowded areas surrounding aircraft electronic systems.
Lightweight construction of GORE Aerospace Quad Cables
GORE Aerospace Quad Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- avionics networks
- box-to-box systems
- digital visual interface (DVI)
- EO/IR (Electro-optical infrared) sensors
- ethernet backbone
- flight control
- mission systems
- propulsion control
- video networks
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Aerospace Quad Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- high-frequency, low-skew solution perfectly aligned with today’s high-speed serial data protocols
- consistent signal integrity with stable performance in extreme environments
- reliably transfers data at speeds up to 1 gigahertz (GHz) for up to 100 meters
- rugged design that is approximately 40% smaller than common dual-twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proved to save more than 11 lbs. (5.0 kg) per aircraft
- increased flexibility with a tight bend radius for simpler routing in overcrowded areas
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Aerospace Quad Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||> 80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||50.0 (15.2)|
|Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT)
dB min @ 10 MHz
dB min @ 100 MHz
|Skew (ps/m [ps/ft]) Within Pair (maximum)||13.12 (4.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Properties||Value|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Red/Blue, Green/Yellow|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number & Drawing
Download the drawing to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Aerospace Quad Cables meet the stringent specification requirements of military aircraft. They have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards and our customers’ requirements.
- AFDX/ARINC 664, Part 7: Ethernet Networks
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239 and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005): Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I, BSS7230, and ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005): Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V, BSS7238, and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B): Smoke Density
- IEEE 802.3 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet Cables: (2 quad cables)
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation.
Gore will be attending this invitation-only forum to exhibit GORE® Aerospace Cables that ensure aircraft survivability and warfighter readiness and safety.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. (Gore) has announced that complimentary samples of GORE® Tethered Drone Cables are now available with short lead times and can be shipped within two business days from the date of the request. Ideal for prototyping and evaluation, samples are available in 16-, 20- and 24-AWG configurations, with length options of 5, 10 and 15 feet.
Come by Booth 103 at this year’s symposiums to check out Gore’s advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications.
Gore will be featuring their selection of advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Cribbins and Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Symposiums in Huntsville, Alabama on November 13-16, Booth 103.