In today’s high-tech flight displays, cables need to transfer video data reliably while delivering higher-quality resolution so military personnel can view vital information clearly and instantly. At the same time, they need to deliver more power and consistent signal integrity in less space.
High-Speed Video Data Transfer With Higher Resolution
GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables, 2.0 version delivers outstanding signal integrity for high-speed video data transmission up to 18 gigabits (Gb/s). Our cable bundles enable a higher video resolution up to 4K at 50/60 (2160p), which is four times the clarity of 1080p/60 resolution. Military personnel and flight crews can now view crystal clear, high definition aircraft displays.
Also, our 2.0 version significantly reduces overall cable diameter and weight because of the unique materials in their construction. They also have greater flexibility and a tighter bend radius for simpler routing in tiny spaces, particularly when retrofitting cables in updated aircraft where space is at a premium. But, this smaller profile doesn’t mean durability is compromised — our cables can sustain the demands of their surroundings ensuring life-of-aircraft performance.
Unique construction of GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables, 2.0 version
GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- digital video systems
- electronic flight bag (EFB)
- flight management systems
- glass cockpits
- portable electronic devices
- weather mapping
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- outstanding signal integrity for high-speed video data transfer up to 18 gigabits (Gb/s)
- higher video resolution up to 4K at 50/60 (2160p) for increased clarity
- life-of-aircraft performance in demanding surroundings due to unique construction
- smaller profile that is lighter weight and highly flexible with a tighter bend radius for simplified routing
- less need for additional signal amplification further reducing weight and power requirements
For more information about the benefits of our cable bundles, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||100 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]a||230.0 (70.0)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
a Twisted quad only.
|Environmental / Mechanical Property||Value|
|Mechanical / Environmental|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||High-Speed Pairs: Silver-Plated Copper Alloy
Quad/Triad: Silver-Plated Copper
|Conductor Color-Coding||High-Speed Pairs: Blue/White, Red/White, Green/White, Brown/White
Quad: White, Orange, Yellow, Purple
Triad: Red, Black, Brown
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number and Drawing
Download the drawing to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
|RCN9121||Data/Drains/Discrete Pairs: 26 (19/38) Capacitance-Controlled Singles: 28 (19/40)|
GORE Aerospace HDMI Cables meet the stringent specification requirements of military aircraft. They have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- BSS7239 and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005): Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I, BSS7230, and ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005): Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V, BSS7238, and ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B): Smoke Density
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation.
Stop by Table 8 at this year’s forum to see our high-performance aerospace solutions that ensure the success of EVERY mission.
Gore will be exhibiting products from GORE® Cables and Materials and GORE® Military Fabrics at the 2018 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit in Nashville, TN, April, 25-27, Booth 2119.
Gore announced today that its GORE® Aerospace Ethernet Cables were recognized by the judges of the annual Military & Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards program.