Continuous improvements in aerospace technology keep driving the demand to update military aircraft with cables that can transmit lots of data at faster speeds over longer distances. Cables also need to deliver more power and reliable signal integrity in less space.
GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables are the premier solution for copper-based 1394b FireWire data links. Our cables provide high-fidelity signal links for interconnect solutions up to 75 feet at S400 data rates for uninterrupted high-speed communication on modern avionics networks.
SIGNAL INTEGRITY WITH FLEXURE
Smaller Quad Cable Design
We evaluated the eye pattern of our 1394b FireWire cables before and during flexure to ensure signal integrity. Results showed that they passed the eye mask test with margin, indicating greater transmission length is possible. Our highly flexible cables continued to maintain signal integrity even after we wrapped them around a mandrel 20 times. So, aircraft maintainers can easily and tightly bend our cables in narrow spaces during routing without damaging or breaking them.
Also, our specialized quad design is significantly smaller by approximately 40% and lighter weight when compared to conventional constructions such as dual twisted pair cables. So, our 1394b FireWire cables can save as much as 11.5 lbs. (5.2 kg) per aircraft on average. But, even though they’re smaller and lighter, our cables boost performance and protection in challenging military environments because of the added strength in their construction.
Flexible Construction of GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables, 1394b.
FireWire is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables, 1349b are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- avionics electronics
- flight control
- mission systems
- propulsion control
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables, 1349b provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- high-fidelity signal links for interconnect solutions up to 75 feet at S400 data rates
- excellent signal integrity with greater transmission length before and during flexure
- added strength that boosts performance and protection in extreme conditions
- quad design that is approximately 40% smaller than common dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction proved to save as much as 11.5 lbs. (5.2 kg) per aircraft
- tighter bend radius for easier routing in narrow spaces surrounding sensitive electronics
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables, 1349b.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||110 +6/-4|
|Typical Operating Voltage||<15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)] - 24 AWG||4.10 (1.25)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||39.4 (12)|
|Skew (ps/ft) (within pair)
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental|
|Jacket Material||Engineered Fluoropolymer|
|Jacket Color||White (Laser Markable)|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper or Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-55 to 200|
GORE Aerospace FireWire Cables meet the stringent specification requirements of military aircraft. They have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- AS4373, Method 801, Flammability
- BSS 7230/7324 Flammability, BSS 7238 Smoke Density, BSS 7239 Toxicity
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I and MIL-W-22759: Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- MIL-STD-461: Electromagnetic Compatibility
- RTCA/DO-160D: Lightning Strike
- SAE-AS-5643: IEEE 1394b Interface Requirements for Military and Aerospace Vehicle Applications
Gore announced today that its GORE® Aerospace Ethernet Cables were recognized by the judges of the annual Military & Aerospace Electronics Innovators Awards program.
Come by Booth 315 at this year’s Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE)/Cribbins Symposiums on November 13-16 to see new and proven high-performance aerospace solutions from Gore.
Visit us at Booth 2733 at the 2017 AUSA Meeting & Exposition to see the latest GORE® Military Fabrics and GORE® Cables and Materials for military and defense applications.
Gore will be exhibiting products from both GORE® Military Fabrics and GORE® Cables and Materials engineered to perform reliably on the battlefield and in the air at the 2017 AUSA, October 9-11, Washington, D.C., Booth 2733.