Today’s military aircraft environment requires cables that can transmit loads of data faster at higher speeds in advanced avionics to ensure the successful completion of any mission. Military aircraft are also subjected to challenging flight conditions such as extreme temperatures, tricky wiring in less space and harsh contaminants. Cables are the lifeline of electronic systems and can easily fail if they get damaged or break putting the entire mission and flight crews at risk.
Consistent Signal Integrity
GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity in the toughest flight conditions. We use the field cancellation properties of a balanced cable design, so our high-speed interconnects can transmit two differential signals within the same shield without interfering with each other. Also, the chemical- and temperature-resistant materials in their construction boost durability and protection against harsh conditions and contaminants. In fact, our cables are proven on many military airborne platforms such as an F-16, F-18, and AV8B.
Reduced Size and Weight with Gore’s Materials
Low-Dielectric Cable Geometry
Our innovative fluoropolymer technologies deliver cables that have a smaller diameter compared to conventional cables. Our fibre channel cables have a quad design that’s approximately 40% smaller, which also makes them lighter weight without sacrificing mechanical robustness, so they’ll last over the aircraft lifetime. They’re also more flexible with a tighter bend radius making aircraft wiring easier during routing and installation.
Tough construction of GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables
GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- active electronically-scanned arrays (AESA)
- advanced mission computers
- cabin management systems
- flight management systems
- tactical aircraft moving maps
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- enhanced noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity
- balanced design enabling two differential signals to transmit within the same shield without interfering with each other
- high-speed data transmission, minimizing the need for additional signal amplification
- increased durability due to chemical- and temperature- resistant materials
- quad design that is approximately 40% smaller than common dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction with greater flexibility and tighter bend radius for easier routing in small spaces
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||150 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage Rating||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.0 (1.22)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||28.2 (8.6)|
|Near-End Crosstalk (NEXT)
dB min @ 10 MHz
dB min @ 100 MHz
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Black/White Stripe, Blue/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Solid White|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
Part Number and Drawing
Download the drawing to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Part Number||AWG Size (Stranding)|
GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables meet the stringent specification requirements of military aircraft. They have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the specifications of the most current standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3.303 Fibre Channel Standards: Signal Integrity
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
Fill out a short form to receive a complimentary sample of our pre-qualified cables for prototyping and evaluation.
Connector options for GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables used between-the-box include DB-9 plug and receptacles and size 11 MIL-C-38999. These connectors provide optimized performance in the smallest possible connector package. Benefits include:
- Insert configuration maintains quad geometry through the connector interface.
- Improved Z° match minimizes reflections for clean eye patterns.
- Standard size 22D contacts provide high reliability and ease of use.
- Series 3 coupling provides enhanced EMI performance.
|Description||Gore Part Number||Impedance (ohms)||Image|
|M24308/4-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) plug||Approx. 100||
|M24308/2-1F||DB-9 (D-sub) receptacle||Approx. 100||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), military (composite)||FCN1059||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), military (aluminum)||FCN 1059M||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (plug), space (aluminum)||FCN1059MS||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (jam nut), military (composite)||FCN1058||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), military (composite)||FCN1060||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), military (aluminum)||FCN1060M||150||
|MIL-DTL-38999 series III, shell size 11 (receptacle), space (aluminum)||FCN1060MS||150||
Gore offers a variety of connector options for GORE Aerospace Fibre Channel Cables used inside-the-box.
|SMP (50 ohm)||SSMC (50 ohm)|
|SMA (50/75 ohm)||MCX (50/75 ohm)|
|Low Profile Twinax (150 ohms)||Connector Saver (RFC374)|
Come by Booth 103 at this year’s symposiums to check out Gore’s advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications.
Gore will be featuring their selection of advanced technical solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Cribbins and Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) Symposiums in Huntsville, Alabama on November 13-16, Booth 103.
Gore announces a new, game-changing cable option for tethered drones used in the military and commercial applications.