Cable Performance and Specifications
GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft are built to handle hazardous aircraft environments and extreme flight conditions. With low-dielectric cable geometry that maximizes the performance of quadrax cable constructions, their durability offers a long service life thanks to tough construction consisting of the following components:
- Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) jacket
- Braided shield
- Aluminized polyimide shield
- Expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) binder
- Color-coded composite dielectric
- Silver-plated copper alloy conductor
- FEP filler
Thanks to this unique construction, Gore’s fibre channel cables deliver the following benefits compared to alternative products:
High Performance in Hazardous Environments
Resistant to abrasion, chemicals and more, GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression – all while maintaining consistent signal integrity at data rates up to 1 GHz with controlled impedance at 150 ohms. This holds true even in the toughest aircraft environments.
Lightweight, Compact Design
Not only do GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft have a diameter that’s 40% smaller, but they’re also highly flexible and lighter in weight than many alternatives. This makes for easier routing thanks to their tight bend radius and significant weight savings for aircraft electrical systems.
Meeting Rigorous Standards across Several Applications
Like all of Gore’s solutions, GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft are prequalified and tested to meet a host of strict industry standards, including the following:
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3.303: Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface-3 (FC-PH-3)
- EN3475-503: Test Methods for Scrape Abrasion
- SAE AS4373™: Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
Because of their trustworthy construction and performance, GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft are commonly used in applications such as:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESA)
- Advanced mission computers
- Cabin/flight management systems
- Tactical aircraft moving maps
Further, Gore’s fibre channel cables fit a variety of high-speed aerospace connector systems and backshells, including ARINC and MIL-STD-38999 with size 8 contacts and products from manufacturers like Amphenol® and Glenair®. Contact the manufacturer directly for exact part numbers, tooling information and termination instructions.
How to Order GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft
GORE Fibre Channel Cables for Aircraft are available in a standard size (part number RCN8328). We can also offer prequalified, tested, complimentary samples for this product within 48 hours of your request. To learn more or discuss your application’s specific needs, contact a Gore representative today. When you’re ready to order, get in touch with an authorized distributor.
Amphenol is a registered trademark of Amphenol Corporation.
Glenair is a registered trademark of Glenair, Inc.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.