Today's ground combat/support vehicles require cables that can transmit loads of data at higher speeds in advanced systems to ensure the success of every mission. These vehicles are also subjected to challenging conditions like extreme temperatures/weather, harsh contaminants, and tricky wiring in less space. Cables are the lifeline of electronic systems and can quickly fail if they get damaged or break putting the entire operation and armed forces at risk.
Consistent Signal Integrity
Low-dielectric cable geometry
GORE Fiber Channel Cables enhance noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity in any warfare scenario. We use the field cancellation properties of a balanced cable design, so our interconnects can transmit 2 differential signals within the same shield without interfering with each other. Also, you get a boost of durability and protection because we build our high-speed interconnects with temperature- and chemical-resistant materials. In fact, they’ve been proven on many military platforms.
Reduced Size and Weight
Our innovative fluoropolymer technologies deliver cables that have a smaller diameter compared to conventional cables. Our fiber channel cables have a quad design that’s about 40% smaller making them lighter weight without sacrificing robustness, so they’ll last a lifetime. They’re also more flexible with a tighter bend radius making wiring much easier during routing and installation.
Tough construction of GORE Fibre Channel Cables
GORE Fibre Channel Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of military applications, including:
- active electronically scanned arrays (AESA)
- advanced mission computers
- storage system networking
- switched fabric data distribution
- tactical vehicle moving maps
- targeting / motion-control computer networking
- vehicle management connectivity
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
GORE Fibre Channel Cables provide system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- enhanced noise immunity and EMI suppression while maintaining consistent signal integrity
- high-speed data transmission, minimizing the need for additional signal amplification
- balanced design enabling 2 differential signals to transmit within the same shield without interfering with each other
- increased durability due to chemical- and temperature- resistant materials
- quad design that’s about 40% smaller than common dual twisted pair constructions
- lighter weight construction with greater flexibility and tighter bend radius for easier routing in small spaces
- less need for additional signal amplification further reducing weight/power requirements
For more information about the benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Fibre Channel Cables.
Download the catalog/data sheets to view product specifications, like diameter, weight, minimum bend radius, and attenuation values.
|Standard Impedance (ohms)||150 ± 10|
|Typical Operating Voltage||< 15|
|Velocity of Propagation (nominal) (%)||80|
|Time Delay (nominal) [ns/m (ns/ft)]||4.0 (1.22)|
|Capacitance [pF/m (pF/ft)]||28.2 (8.6)|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage (Vrms)
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Conductor||Silver-Plated Copper Alloy|
|Conductor Color-Coding||Black/White Stripe, Blue/White Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Solid White|
|Dielectric Material||ePTFE / PTFE|
|Temperature Range (°C)||-65 to +200|
GORE Fibre Channel Cables have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet stringent specifications of the most current military standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ANSI/NEMA WC 27500 Performance Requirements: Environmental Testing, Jacket and Marking
- ANSI X3T11 Fibre Channel Standards: Signal Integrity
- AS4373 Environmental Testing: Contact Gore for available data
- AS4373 Test Methods for Insulated Electric Wire
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
For more information about the qualifications of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
Gore announces a new, game-changing cable option for tethered drones used in the military and commercial applications.
Gore will be showcasing high-performance GORE® Cables and Materials and next-gen GORE® Military Fabrics at the 2018 AUSA (Association of US Army Meeting & Exposition) in Washington, DC on October 8-10, Booth 3115.
Stop by Booth C-707 at this year’s Defence Vehicle Dynamics (DVD) event to look at the latest Gore high-performance solutions for those involved in the equipment and support of the UK’s Land Forces.