Data Sheet: GORE® LOW DRAG FILTER BAG 8378 PTFE Felt 830 g/m² (24.5 oz/yd2)
Data Sheets, English
A 260 °C (500 °F) maximum service temperature, expanded polytetrafluoroethylene felt filter bag for use in pulse jet style dust collectors with chemically aggressive operating conditions.
Features and Benefits
- GORE® LOW DRAG Filter Membrane technology provides an excellent combination of filtration efficiency, airflow, and durability compared to other industry leading membranes.
- Potential benefits of this new technology are longer bag life, higher product throughput or fan energy savings or some combination thereof, depending on the application.
- Woven ePTFE scrim for outstanding dimensional stability, extended flex life, and resistance to mechanical damage. All PTFE construction provides highest allaround chemical resistance and maximum bag life.
- Chemicals Processing: Chemical process reactors that incorporate micronizing, drying, grinding, and product collection in extreme environments that are chemically and thermally aggressive.
- Minerals Processing: Brick kilns.
- Metals Industry: Lead, copper, and other base metal production.
- Power Generation and Incineration: Medical and municipal waste incineration, as well as coal-fired boilers.
Laminate Technical Data
|Weight||830 g/m2 (24.5 oz/yd2)|
|Fiber Content||Staple: Polytetrafluoroethylene
Scrim: Woven Polytetrafluoroethylene
|Fabric Construction||Supported Needle felt|
|Continuous Operating Temperature||260 °C (500 °F), unless limited by other cartridge components, such as potting.|
|Maximum Surge Temperature||274 °C (525°F), unless limited by other cartridge components, such as potting.|
890 N/5 cm (200 lb/2 in) wide sample
824 N/5 cm (185 lb/2 in) wide sample
|Mullen Burst||4136 kPa (600 psi)|
|Thickness||1.07 mm (0.042 in)|
|Thermal Stability||<2 % shrinkage at 260 °C (500 °F) after 2 hours (unrestrained)|
Note: All data expressed as typical values. This technical data is subject to change. Please contact W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., directly to confirm current information.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.