+1 800 542 2624
+61 2 9473 6800
+49 89 4612 2211
+86 21 5172 8299
+33 1 5695 6565
+49 89 4612 2211
+91 22 6768 7000
+39 045 6209 240
+81 3 6746 2570
+82 2 393 3411
+52 81 8288 1281
+46 31 706 7800
+65 6733 2882
+27 11 894 2248
+55 11 5502 7800
+34 93 480 6900
+886 2 2173 7799
+44 1506 460123
Brochures, 909.45 KB
Venting solutions are essential to safely equalize pressure differences that could cause containers of liquid chemicals to deform, leak or burst. Learn why GORE® Packaging Vents are a safe, reliable solution to these problems.
Agricultural chemical packaging needs to be ventilated.
It’s especially critical to use vented agricultural containers for high-offgassing products, and those whose natural variations provoke varying rates of fermentation and gas release:
- Agricultural liquid fertilizers
- Biostimulant products
Without the appropriate vents, agricultural containers could collapse, bulge or leak when exposed to changes in altitude or temperature. Pallets could collapse. Labels could be ruined and as a result important safety information can be potentially illegible. Consumers could be exposed to leaked chemicals, while agricultural packaging manufacturers could experience decreased profits due to lost productivity and unsatisfied customers.
Gore’s packaging vents minimize these risks for even the most highly concentrated chemical formulations, and we provide vents that meet the stringent ADR and DOT standards.
GORE PACKAGING VENTS MINIMIZE RISKS FOR AGRICULTURAL CONTAINER SUPPLIERS AND END-USERS
Our portfolio of vents for agricultural products packaging meet stringent ADR and DOT standards, and are designed to reliably protect the integrity of containers that bear the most challenging contents:
- biostimulant formulations
- liquid fertilizer packaging
- highly-concentrated chemical formulations
Two ways GORE Packaging Vents protect package integrity
From manufacturers of liquid chemicals or caps and containers, through transport and storage, to end-users, everyone benefits from effective venting, because it:
- Safely equalizes pressure differentials that could cause containers of liquid chemicals to deform, leak or burst.
- Prevents damage to packaging and labeling, and the associated damage to brand reputation.
- Minimizes the risk of time-consuming and costly efforts to deal with returns, spills or clean-ups due to leaky or damaged containers.
GORE® Packaging Vents minimize all these risks for all types of packaging in agricultural applications. They reliably and continuously equalize pressures, to minimize the potential for leaks and maintain the integrity of containers and their contents. When container integrity is paramount, GORE Packaging Vents are the solution
The problem — container deformation that can lead to leaks or bursting — arises when the pressures inside and outside the container are not balanced.
GORE Packaging Vents safely and reliably relieve these imbalances, whatever their source:
Active Ingredients that Release or Consume Gases
Many chemical formulations include active ingredients that either off-gas (release gases within the container) or scavenge (consume) free oxygen within the container.
- Off-gassing builds up pressure within the container.
- Oxygen scavenging creates an under-pressure within the container.
Containers Designed to Dispense Liquids
In these packages, the dispensing action automatically creates an under-pressure condition within the container, which will happen repeatedly with use.
Changes in the External Environment
During shipment or warehousing, changes in the external environment (such as increasing or decreasing temperatures or altitudes) also create pressure imbalances that can deform unvented or poorly-ventilated agricultural containers.
Packaging of agricultural produce requires special care — as does packaging of agricultural products with active ingredients. In each case, the contents require special protection to reach the end-user undamaged. Gore has a venting solution for all types of materials used for packaging agricultural products, from consumer spray bottles to jerry cans and IBCs.
The UN Orange Book* recommends venting for any formulation that could cause package deformation. Highly-concentrated pesticides or fertilizers produce higher levels of off-gassing or oxygen-scavenging. Venting protects their packaging from deformation, leaks and label damage.
Examples of agrochemicals that require venting:
- Organic/inorganic fertilizers
- Biostimulant formulations
- Gardening liquids
Discover what else GORE Packaging Vents can do:
* United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods Model Regulations, a guidance document to harmonize transport regulations for dangerous goods. Most dangerous goods regulations (ADR, IMDG Code, IATA and other national regulations) are based on the U.N. Orange Book.
Choose GORE Packaging Vents to prevent leaks and deformations, and enhance agricultural container integrity. Both Plug-In Vents and Liners are available in multiple sizes and performance options. All incorporate the GORE Membrane, to provide breathable barrier protection for both the container and its contents.
Gore’s Plug-In Vents are designed for use with hazardous chemicals, agrochemicals, biostimulant products, organic fertilizers, institutional cleaners and household chemicals.
They readily withstand harsh chemicals and rugged use: They comply with U.N. Orange Book test standards, including the Stacking Test and Drop Test, as well as Dangerous Goods regulations like ADR and DOT.
- Available for container sizes from very small to 1,500 liters
- Suitable for industrial drums, jerry cans and IBCs as well as consumer containers
- Easy to integrate into container closures via press-fit or snap-fit
D38 / D17 / D15
See full details for each Gore Plug-In Vent
For complete details, please download our new GORE Packaging Vents Portfolio Data Sheet.
Gore Foam Liners and Gore Pulp Induction Liners easily convert non-vented containers into vented containers — without modifying the existing cap or closure!
- Designed for cap-thread venting or hole-in-cap venting
- Available in single- or multi-up rolls in a range of widths
- Cut parts can also be provided
Gore Foam Liners
|Gore Pulp Induction Liners
Gore Pulp Induction Liners provide reliable venting and tamper-evidence for agrochemicals including organic biostimulants.
When you seek solutions for packaging that bloats, collapses or leaks, there are compelling reasons to make Gore your preferred partner:
- >25 years experience in venting packaging for industrial and agricultural chemicals, institutional and household cleaners.
- Deep technical knowledge of off-gassing and oxygen-scavenging chemicals, and of the ways fluid viscosity and surface tension affect venting.
- Proprietary test methods (Residual Airflow, LEP) assess vent response to real-world challenges.
- Ongoing development of proprietary membrane technologies.
- Capability to further customize membrane structure and properties for specific applications.
- Unlike competitors, we design, manufacture and use only GORE Membranes in all our vents.
- Global supply chain ensures access to the products and expertise you need.
- GORE Packaging Vents pass rigorous approval tests for dangerous goods, and meet DOT and ADR standards.
- Consistent product quality assured through in-line airflow, in-line camera and Water Entry Pressure tests.
- Laser-marked tracking code enables 100% traceability (individual vent level) for three Series of our Plug-In Vents; all other Series enable lot-level traceability.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.