Awards & Distinctions
- Gore is Great Place to Work-Certified™ in the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden and U.K.
- Included on the "Fast 50" list of the "Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company magazine in 2009.
- Recipient of the United Kingdom's 1989 Pollution Abatement Technology Award and the 1985 Prince Philip Award for Polymers in the Service of Mankind.
- DuPont's prestigious Plunkett Awards recognized GORE‑TEX Soft Tissue Patch (1988), GORE‑TEX Radome Laminate (1989), ONE‑UP® Pump Diaphragms (1995), GLIDE® Floss (1995), STA‑PURE® Pump Tubing (2000), GORE‑TEX Antistatic Workwear (2002), ELIXIR® Strings (2004), GORE™ Universal Pipe Gasket (2004), GORE™ OMNIBEND™ fiber (2006), FLEXIBOND® product (2006), GORE® Turbine Filters (2013) and GORE™ High Temperature Capacitors (2018).
- Bob Gore, former president and CEO, was inducted as a member of the National Academy of Engineering in 1995. In 2003, for his contributions to the chemical industry, he received the Chemists' Club Winthrop-Sears Medal from the Chemical Heritage Foundation. In 2005 the Society of Chemical Industry presented him with the Perkin Medal, the highest honor given in the U.S. for outstanding work in applied chemistry. He was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Founder Bill Gore was posthumously inducted into The Plastics Academy's Plastics Hall of Fame in 1990.
- Bill and Vieve Gore were inducted into Junior Achievement's Delaware Business Leaders Hall of Fame in 1991 and into the National Business Hall of Fame in 2003.