Today’s military aircraft are exposed to increasingly harsh environments that can cause frequent cable failure — from high pressures, extreme temperatures and vibration to sharp edges in small spaces. The costs and consequences can be substantial across the entire supply chain, including downtime costs, lost production, and expensive equipment replacements.
Well-suited for any application, GORE PTFE Hook-Up Wires deliver excellent electrical and mechanical performance in these challenging conditions with temperatures up to 260°C. The specialized insulation materials in Gore’s wires reduce the risk of abrasion and cut-through while maintaining reliable signal integrity for long-lasting performance. Our wires meet MIL-W-16878/20-22 industry specifications.
Reduced Size and Weight
The smaller diameter and improved dielectrics of our wires reduce weight and increase flexibility with a tight bend radius, which makes initial routing easier in tiny spaces.
GORE PTFE Hook-Up Wires provide outstanding electrical performance, durable mechanical protection, reduced size and weight, and greater flexibility — resulting in less maintenance, downtime, and total costs over time.
Features & Benefits
We have engineered features for GORE PTFE Hook-Up Wires that make them more durable in demanding environments. Features include:
- reduced size and weight
- increased flexibility
- high uniformity and concentricity
- low-friction, chemically inert, non-flammable and non-outgassing materials
- greater abrasion, cut-through and temperature resistance
- standard and custom configurations available
GORE PTFE Hook-Up Wires provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- Excellent signal integrity in extreme conditions with wide temperature range
- Enhanced durability due to chemical- and temperature-resistant materials
- Longer cable and wire life with abrasion-resistant and low-creep insulation materials
- Improved installation due to greater cut-through resistance that protects against sharp edges
- Easy routing with smaller, lightweight and more flexible constructions
For more information about the features and benefits of our wires, please contact a Gore representative.
These values demonstrate the electrical, mechanical and environmental performance of GORE PTFE Hook-Up Wires.
Electrical, Mechanical, and Environmental
|Voltage rating||100 to 1,000 volts|
|Conductor size||12 to 42|
|Operating temperature: silver-plated copper conductor||-65° C to +200° C|
|Operating temperature: nickel-plated copper conductor||-65° C to +260° C|
|Jacketing color||Solid colors are standard. Striping is available for additional cost.|
|Conductor||Silver-plated copper or nickel-plated copper|