Most standard cables on the market today are designed for static environments and, when put in motion environments, they fail to meet industry specifications. Also, the attenuation significantly increases when these cables are flexed.
GORE FireWire High Flex Cables are specifically designed to meet the demands associated with motion control and vision systems. Gore’s cables meet IEEE 1394 specifications and maintain stable attenuation at longer lengths during flexure at 1 GHz compared to standard cables. Our cables eliminate bit errors in moving FireWire systems for reliable signal transmission in challenging environmental conditions encountered in automation applications. Also, the enhanced mechanical properties of our unique materials reduce friction and abrasion, extending cable life and reducing maintenance costs associated with high flex areas of the machine.
Certified according to ISO Class 1, GOREFireWire High Flex Cables can be reliably used in cleanroom and vacuum environments that require low particulation. Using the calculations defined in VDI Guideline 2083 and ISO 14644-1, the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany determined our cables have less than 0.1 percent probability of emitting particulates. These cables maintain low particulation levels for repeated flexing in cable carriers. Outgassing is also eliminated because of the inert characteristics of the insulation materials.
Complete details on the Fraunhofer Institute’s study are available at gore.com/particulation.
Proven Flex Life
Available in round or flat cables assemblies, GOREFireWire High Flex Cables provide a simple cable management system in applications where flex-life reliability and excellent signal integrity are critical, and other cables fail. With a proven flex life greater than 20 million cycles at a 20-millimeter bend radius, these cables are easy to install, improve reliability and decrease downtime.
GORE FireWire High Flex Cables are engineered to perform reliably in a variety of automation applications, including:
- cable moves in machine vision system (camera)
- high-speed data links
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
Features & Benefits
We have engineered features for GORE FireWire High Flex Cables that make them more durable in demanding environments. Features include:
- over 20 million flexures at a minimum bend radius of 20 millimeters
- low-friction, chemically inert and non-particulating insulation materials
- certified for ISO Class 1 cleanroom and vacuum environments
- custom configurations available in round or flat cable assemblies
- durable 6-pin connectors that meet IEEE 1394a electrical requirements
GORE FireWire High Flex Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- stable attenuation at longer lengths during flexure at 1 GHz
- reliable signal transmission in challenging environmental conditions
- no particulation and outgassing due to unique jacketing and shielding materials
- easy installation due to lightweight, flexible cables with a tight bend radius
- reduced maintenance, downtime and total costs over equipment lifecycle from proven flex life
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.
Due to the ongoing challenge of COVID-19, IMS2020 has been moved to virtual with live streaming. A key topic at the symposium is 5G connectivity, and Gore will present a portfolio of reliable microwave/RF test assemblies for 5G testing. We’ll describe how our cable assemblies provide durable, stable, and consistent performance to ensuring accurate and reliable testing results.
Visit us in Booth E7239 at the 2018 SEMICON China to see our latest innovative solutions for the semiconductor and microelectronics industry.