If you are someone full of enthusiasm, who takes initiative, has innovative ideas, and shows entrepreneurial spirit, then the creative environment in Gore is just the place for you.
We are looking for professionals who do not need conventional hierarchies to advance their careers, who enjoy networking and relish the opportunity to work in an international setting. Our associates develop professionally and personally through the tasks to which they commit themselves. They know how to motivate themselves and are positively encouraged to think out of the box.
We offer no pre-defined career paths for you. Ultimately, your progress will be determined by your capabilities, passion and the opportunities you seek out to take on new professional and personal perspectives. At Gore you will have the chance to work in flexible, creative teams to genuinely make a difference. Gore, which for many years been voted one of the great places to work in America and Europe, is looking for job candidates – in particular engineers and sales professionals – who would like to apply their expertise and experience to such diverse areas as research and development, laboratory work, sales and marketing.
We hire for all fields of technology, in particular those associated with plastics, functional textiles, electronics and signal transmission, process technology, mechanical, chemical and industrial engineering.
Typical Job Profiles
As Application Engineer, you will be a technical person who has the passion and the skill set to consult our end users in all technical aspects related to supporting our sales process.
Regularly involved in field trials and working closely with the customer and end users in order to understand market demands and influence buying decisions. You will enjoy networking, being part of a team and collaborating closely with your sales, product specialist, manufacturing, design and product support team members.
As the Product Specialist, you will be required to execute the strategic development and management of a regional/activity specific Business and product portfolio in close cooperation with the Business Units and responsible Field Sales, R&D, platform/manufacturing associates.
Product Specialist key tasks:
- Develop and implement strategies with a strong focus on Product Concepts and Product Strategy
- Foster development of needed technologies
- Product Profitability
- Knowledge about the competitive environment
- Initiation and Coordination of the marketing/PR and business activities in close cooperation with responsible Field Sales Associate
- Manage Product portfolio
A Product Manager to take over responsibility for development and business success of a product category.
Product manager key tasks:
- develop new and existing product concepts
- leading strategic projects on behalf of the category
- participate in the formation of global and regional strategies
- have sales and profit responsibility
- maintain close relationships along the value chain
- be the hub around the product: partnering with key teams within the organization (R&D, Product Range Management manufacturing sales) and
- understand customer needs
- Acting as the first point of reference for our customers in Europe and worldwide
- Closing collaborating with our field sales representatives, the Planning Department and product specialists
- Preparing and following through offers
- Processing orders
- Project management in an international environment
In this position you will be responsible for clinical case support of e.g. endovascular procedures as well as doing product presentations and product training, working with surgeons, radiologists and other hospital staff at key institutions. Also, assisting doctors in case screening, case planning and device selection and providing technical support during clinical cases. It is expected you will maintain and build key relationships and, as a product expert, become a key contact for our customers.
You will currently work either as a clinical specialist, or within clinical sales, nursing or X-ray diagnosis and have previous experience in the operating theatre, cath lab and/or radiology department. Ideally you will have experience of supporting surgeons and/or radiologists during implant procedures. A degree in nursing, life sciences or bio-medical engineering is also preferred. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as self motivation and a genuine clinical interest. You must be able to work effectively with a broad group of highly diverse individuals both internally and externally to Gore.