In today's challenging automation applications, cables need to provide reliable performance in environments where motion control and vision systems are critical. But, most alternative cables fail to meet standard electrical requirements and the attenuation significantly increases when these cables are flexed.
GORE Camera Link™ High Flex Cables meet IEEE 1394 specifications and deliver consistent electrical performance with lower attenuation during flexure for up to 10 meters compared to alternative cables. Our cables eliminate bit errors in moving Camera Link systems for reliable signal transmission in challenging environmental conditions. Also, the enhanced mechanical properties of our unique materials reduce friction and abrasion, extending cable life and reducing maintenance costs associated with high flex areas of the machine.
Certified according to ISO Class 1, GORE Camera Link High Flex Cables can be reliably used in cleanroom and vacuum environments that require low particulation. Using the calculations defined in VDI Guideline 2083 and ISO 14644-1, the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany determined our cables have less than 0.1 percent probability of emitting particulates. These cables maintain low particulation levels for repeated flexing in cable carriers. Outgassing is also eliminated because of the inert characteristics of the insulation materials.
Complete details on the Fraunhofer Institute’s study are available here.
Proven Flex Life
GORE Camera Link High Flex Cables provide a simple cable management system in applications where flex-life reliability and excellent signal integrity are critical, and other cables fail. With a proven flex life greater than 20 million cycles at a 50-millimeter bend radius, these cables are easy to install, improve reliability and decrease downtime.
GORE Camera Link High Flex Cables are engineered to perform reliably in automation applications, such as cable moves in machine vision system (camera).
If you have any questions or to discuss your specific application needs, please contact a Gore representative.
Features & Benefits
We have engineered features for GORE Camera Link High Flex Cables that make them more durable in demanding environments. Features include:
- over 20 million flexures at a minimum bend radius of 50 millimeters
- low-friction, chemically inert and non-particulating insulation materials
- certified for ISO Class 1 cleanroom and vacuum environments
- durable 26-position 3M MDR connectors
GORE Camera Link High Flex Cables provide manufacturers with many benefits that improve electrical and mechanical performance such as:
- consistent performance with lower attenuation at 1 GHz for up to 10 meters
- reliable signal transmission in challenging environmental conditions
- no particulation and outgassing due to unique jacketing and shielding materials
- easy installation due to lightweight, flexible cables with a tight bend radius
- reduced maintenance, downtime and total costs over equipment lifecycle from proven flex life
For more information about the features and benefits of our cables, please contact a Gore representative.