GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - SMT Series
The Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials combines unsurpassed conductivity with the convenience of SMT-compatible format. These conformable materials are engineered to maintain consistent contact and low DC resistance. Unlike the traditional designs of pogo pins and universal clips that can easily break, the robust design of the SMT Series increases durability with large contact surfaces rather than single-point contacts. The unique construction of the SMT Series ensures that the device maintains signal integrity and reliable electrical performance in harsh environments.
The SMT Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials offers a full spectrum of working ranges, making them ideal for use as grounding pads, EMI gaskets, and antenna contacts. The highly compressible SMT Supersoft Series delivers consistent electrical performance with minimal force required for initial conductivity. The SMT GS5200 Series offers the most conductive materials under compression in Gore’s complete product line of EMI shielding materials. In addition to these high-performance characteristics, the SMT Series has been tested against a variety of environmental standards.
Benefits of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials — SMT Series
- Excellent shielding effectiveness and low DC resistance with conformable construction
- Reliable electrical performance achieved through consistent contact over time
- Reduced total costs versus custom options due to standard sizes and compatibility with SMT technology
- Increased design flexibility with easily integrated standard parts
- Consistent and repeatable assembly with parts that need no secondary processing
- Enhanced durability due to conformable material that maintains contact over time without compromising the integrity of the mating surface
- Faster production times because of standard solder process that requires no cure time
- Portable electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets
- GPS and handheld scanners/readers
- Gaming devices
- Personal computers and laptops
- Telecommunication infrastructure
See more information on the GORE® EMI Shielding Materials – SMT Series Data Sheet on the Technical Information tab above.
GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - SMT Series is covered by patent No. US 6,255,581 B1, US 6,210,789 B1. Corresponding foreign patents issued.
GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - SMT Supersoft Series is covered by patent No. US 6,255,581 B1, US 7,129,421 B2. Corresponding foreign patents issued.