EMI Shielding & Grounding Materials
Engineers today face increasing challenges when designing and manufacturing electronic devices for consumer or business-to-business markets. As operating frequencies increase and devices become more complex, they may be more susceptible to electromagnetic interference (EMI). EMI shields are commonly implemented in a design to isolate one component or section of a device from another. To ensure a reliable and robust electrical seal, an EMI shielding gasket is often incorporated between the shield housing and the mating surface of the device.
At Gore, we have leveraged our materials expertise to create a portfolio of EMI shielding and grounding gasket solutions to meet a wide range of application needs and address the challenges designers face.
Gore offers a wide range of EMI shielding and grounding gasket solutions that feature a variety of material types and application forms that range from highly customized precision die-cut solutions to standardized off-the-shelf solutions.
- GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - GS2100 Series
- The GS2100 Series of GORE® Shielding Materials consists of a conductive, adhesive backed, EMI gasketing material that is moderately soft and is approved for spaceflight and military applications.
- GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - GS500 Series
- The GS500 Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials is a conductive, adhesive backed, EMI shielding material that is moderately soft and is ideally suited for wireless infrastructure and telecommunications applications.
- GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - GS5200 Series
- The GS5200 Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials consists of a robust, highly electrically and thermally conductive gasket material that provides superior DC resistance and EMI shielding through Accelerated Life Testing (ALT).
- GORE® EMI Shielding Materials - GS8000 Series
- The soft conductive foam construction of the GS8000 Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials accommodates surface variations in covers and printed circuit boards, alleviating the need to specify very tight tolerances. This soft construction also makes the GS8000 Series compatible with plastic housings and snap fasteners.
- The Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) Series of GORE® EMI Shielding Materials combines unsurpassed conductivity with the convenience of SMT- compatible format. These conformable materials are engineered to maintain consistent contact and low DC resistance.