I/O Cable and Cable Assemblies
Gore I/O cable assemblies provide the highest signal fidelity over the longest distances in the smallest, most routable size. These assemblies have EMI shielding and the mechanical durability necessary to provide connection outside of the cabinet, as in processor-to-processor links. Gore I/O cables work well in such applications as flexible backplane systems and intra- and inter-system links.
- Gore quad cable transmits high-data-rate signals in a small, lightweight, flexible package. MIL-C-38999 connectors provide optimized performance in the smallest possible connector package.
- GORE® 1394b Military Firewire® Cable provides high fidelity signal links for interconnect solutions up to 75 ft (22.9 m) at S400 data rates; when coupled with Gore’s military high data rate assembly techniques, the cable can sustain even higher 1394 data rates.
- GORE® Shielded Twisted Pair Controlled Impedance Wire is especially suited for mil/aero harness applications due to its small size, wide temperature range, non-flammable and non-outgassing materials, and resistance to fluids and chemicals.
Signal fidelity to meet the most demanding requirements
Gore cable assemblies combine several technologies to assure maximum signal fidelity. Gore uses ePTFE insulation with a dielectric constant of approx.1.3, which minimizes loss. Proprietary processing of the cable and the resulting cable assembly minimizes skew. GORE® EYE-OPENER+® Conductor Technology limits low frequency penetration into the conductor to provide flatter frequency response.
Maximum bandwidth in the smallest, most routable size
Flexibility is an important attribute in many applications. Three technologies make Gore I/O cable assemblies the smallest, most flexible assemblies available:
- Cables made with flexible ePTFE insulation have smaller cross sections, because less insulation material is required.
- Smaller gauge conductors without loss of performance.
- We use a unique quad construction (Military Fibre Channel), cutting cable size and weight by 40% compared to alternate constructions.
Gore assemblies shine in applications requiring high interconnect density and with routings that require 90° bends or run between cabinets with limited space.